Another satisfied C&MC member

£25 Seems to be their standard fee for everything. If you want to make a change to a ferry booking its the same although if you book through the ferry company instead its free. Same for their European sites although the European sites don't charge.

What type of pitch and how many people was that for? I’m seeing it a lot less.
Not a clue it wasn't me , from a chausson site

but on looking at the site it looks like 2 adults and 2 children.
£38 for myself and the wife.... I wont be going..

Hotels in france - €29,,,, off peak in feb, I could not believe the price.
Last month €46 in spain including a huge breakfast.

To be fair I have just checked the CCC site and it’s 31 days with them.
This seems unfair, and I am surprised that they are worse than the C&MC. :(

You're right it is subjective, but then aren't all opinions?
What some people seem to forget is the prices quoted are for members.
I have just checked their Seacroft site in Cromer. For two adult members it’s £42.30 a night in June. Non members it’s £57.30 a night. I have been to this site with our grandson twice, and it’s a good site, but you can get a Travelodge room in the area for £60-70 a night. There’s no doubt about it they are expensive, and considerably more expensive than the CCC, and most independent sites.

We had a problem when staying on a C&MC site last December.

We awoke one morning to find that our water system was not working in the MH. After investigating I rang a couple of caravan Dr type outfits including the one that was "Preferred" by the site, but to no avail as neither was interested in coming out to see us. I liaised with site staff and explained my problem but we decided we had to leave 3 days earlier than planned. We left before midday.

I emailed the C&MC Head Office and explained our predicament and also that due to my wife's disability she was unable to use site facilities and having no running water as also disadvantageous to her health, hygiene-wise, so we had to leave. Expecting to lose perhaps a day of our money I was surprised to hear back that basically it was tough £$%^: all monies lost; T&C's etc etc.

I wrote a snorter of an email back suggesting that they were being discriminatory to disabled people as well as pointing out how many sites we used and our 'clean' track record. I also suggested that there should be a human element to any appeals received based on the circumstances. After some deliberation they refunded 70 out of the 100 quid or so lost, via an E Voucher.

We use the C&MC sites a great deal so there was no question of us leaving.

I wholeheartedly agree with the suggestions regarding how they could easily solve the problems caused by serial bookers who block book and cancel. I cannot see why their system allowed more than 1 site to be booked for any given date(s) tbh.

I do not agree with the deposit taking plus the automated tick in the box which will take the full balance 24 hours befre arrival unless you untick it. I have unticked this box on more than one occasion and yet still the full monies were taken the day before!

A policy is a policy business have to make money ! Worth asking but if you get a no swallow the pill, bitter as it is. Sometimes you do get a positive answer. As for my motorhome water doesn’t work can I have a refund I have no words 😶

Not a clue it wasn't me , from a chausson site

but on looking at the site it looks like 2 adults and 2 children.
£38 for myself and the wife.... I wont be going..

Hotels in france - €29,,,, off peak in feb, I could not believe the price.
Last month €46 in spain including a huge breakfast.
So 4 people; those posting these (not you) always ‘accidentally’ forget to include all the details. There won’t be many (any!) hotel rooms available for 4 people at the price they’ve quoted.

The CMC does cost more than the CCC. We’re on a full CCC site, hard standing, EHU, full facilities if wanted, £26 total a night for 2 of us. I never pay the charges that some quote.

If my van failed and I cut my holiday short I wouldn’t expect a refund.

A policy is a policy business have to make money ! Worth asking but if you get a no swallow the pill, bitter as it is. Sometimes you do get a positive answer. As for my motorhome water doesn’t work can I have a refund I have no words 😶

You rather miss the point. My wife is UNABLE to use the site facilities else we would have stayed. In fact she has never used them, ever. Also given her suppressed immunity having no water for hygiene purposes was also a show stopper.

Fortunately the C&MC took a more enlightened view than you and they did have the words to be able to provide a partial refund!

My attitude here is possibly naive, but simple.
If I go to an independent site, I don’t expect to be treated as anything more than a customer. This could be my first and last dealings with this independent site, they don’t know me from Adam. But when I join a club and pay an annual subscription, I expect to be treated as a member. And members have history, the club can easily observe the behaviour of their members, and show some discretion when dealing with them, independent sites can’t.

Now look at the letter I posted on post one. This man had never cancelled a booking in 18 years of membership, and all he wanted to do was reschedule, not cancel. Sorry but all the C&MC see here is a pound sign, a way of screwing this member for more money. They could have and should have taken their members history, and the fact that he was rescheduling into consideration, but they did not. But it’s backfired, he is now quite rightly leaving them, and not only that he has had a letter posted for thousands of other members to read. How is any of this good for the C&MC or the member.

Well sorry I do have some words, unreasonable, uncaring, inconsiderate, and inflexible. Given the full set of circumstances given by their member a full refund was appropriate. People with disabilities require to be treated differently than able bodied people. The C&MC may well be a business, but business cannot only be about making money. Next time you go to an airport watch how disabled people are treated there, and think how much this costs the Airport and the carriers to provide. If the C&MC reckon that they can simply ignore their members disabilities then they don’t deserve to have them or their careers as members.

You cant have it both ways though. I seem to remember one of the main gripes about the club in the past was members complaining that selfish members were block booking loads of sites and dates and then just cancelling last minute and choosing the one they decided to go to.
Agreed, it was really difficult to book onto some sites with summer periods being fully booked for months at a time. Having tried to book a week (5 days) at Bristol we were only offered a 4 day slot but pitches either side of us remained empty throughout our stay, and we're told by others that neither pitch had been occupied the day before we arrived. When I checked with the staff I was told they were already booked, confirming what I suspected. I do think however, that moving a booking to another date because of outside issues should not be seen as a cancellation. I view that as petty and unreasonable.

I have to ask, given the apparent loathing of these clubs and in particular the C&MC that seems apparent in this thread, why do you still use them? Vote with your feet.

I have to ask, given the apparent loathing of these clubs and in particular the C&MC that seems apparent in this thread, why do you still use them? Vote with your feet.
Many use the lower priced certificated locations only. I have left the CAMC basically because their site fees for members are now too high (IMHO). Nothing at all to do with booking arrangements.

The CCC will do us for the moment offering the flexibility of optional hook up, discounts for over 60’s and advanced booking discount codes, and they too have certificated locations. It feels more like a club than a business.

Many use the lower priced certificated locations only. I have left the CAMC basically because their site fees for members are now too high (IMHO). Nothing at all to do with booking arrangements.

The CCC will do us for the moment offering the flexibility of optional hook up, discounts for over 60’s and advanced booking discount codes, and they too have certificated locations. It feels more like a club than a business.

Thats all I ever use. Never been on a proper club site.

We've been members of C&MC for nearly 3 years, we won't be renewing our membership this year. Only stayed on a handful of sights due to poor availability ( as they have your outfit details, how you can be on more than one site on the same dates is baffling) the new app and website for booking is too long winded now, also joined the chat group on FB 😂 if you have an opinion on anything, other than recommendations for sites, you are blocked and removed, speaks volumes ! Far more friendly bunch on here 😊

I'm a bit curious .... are there actually any members of the C&MC who actually like it?

As mentioned before, I started the process of joining a few years ago but stumbled due to their membership criteria. sounds like I definately had a lucky escape!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back