Always have a stock of these in our van.

Apparentley.

The Fray Bentos company try their damnedest to prevent you from harm by consuming the contents of the tins, by making the tins impossible to get into!

Good old ulster hart attack fry.
ulster fry.png

Ive always saved fray bentos pie tins, like my ma & grandma. Handy size for individual Yorkshire puddings as well as warming pasties etc...

Loved Vesta meals, my job as a teen was to cook sunday lunch - a Vesta meal every week whilst Mum & Dad had their weekly lunchtime trip to the local inn. I had to time it so it was on the table as they got home. Used to use 2 x 2 people size packs for the 3 of us. My favourite was the chow mein, I had to use the chip pan (does anyone have a chip pan nowadays?) for the crispy noodles.

Fray Bentos pie was a weekly staple a few years later when I shared a flat. Not liking meat, I just ate half the crust and some gravy and my boyfriend got half the crust and all the meat.

Just look at the ingredients of the Vesta meal.
I think not.

Blue Nun, Bulls Blood - nah - it was a bottle of warm Concord wine in our bedsit.
I was a bit before you. The late 60's and early 70's were a bit lacking in high quality wines like Concord.

My gran used to let me have a Vesta paella as a treat when I stayed over at theirs, still love em now...👍😋

Reactions: Caz
E
I was a bit before you. The late 60's and early 70's were a bit lacking in high quality wines like Concord.
We never had wine in the house except over Xmas .
British Sherry, a bottle of Chanti was the height of sophistication.... And a bedside lamp, afterwards
Then my Dad discovered that Timothy Whites & Taylor's sold Austrian " Hirondelle " Rosë , even on a Sunday Morning. 2/11 a bottle.
Only later did we find out that it contained antifreeze.
Mind you, that wasn't s bad thing, on a cold Pudsey morning.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back