Alternative to Toilet Blue?

Just read the reviews on Amazon for Elson Green Organic fluid and most are praising it to the high heavens but then you have a fair few with one star stating its absolutely useless. :D

How can that be?
Everything you read on the net is a 50/50 so do your own testing.

Green sachets are about £1.20 each.

Bio washing tablets are about £0.50 each.

A cassette only needs changing every other day.

So for under £0.40 extra each day you can use a product that is purpose made and 100% septic tank safe.
The Elsan organic green can be had for about £10 for 2ltr, with a 50ml dose required for standard Thetford cassette. So that’s 40 changes…. @25p a time.

Don’t know why anyone would think it expensive and risk killing someone else’s septic tank… no brainer for me.

The Elsan organic green can be had for about £10 for 2ltr, with a 50ml dose required for standard Thetford cassette. So that’s 40 changes…. @25p a time.

Don’t know why anyone would think it expensive and risk killing someone else’s septic tank… no brainer for me.

Thanks. Ive always been in the camp that uses the proper fluid to be honest as I also did the maths and I dont believe its a cost saving to use anything else. Its more about getting something that works and is safe to use than the cost though. The Blue stuff we used to use was a tenner for four litres and would last an entire six month trip. I just think I need to consider the sensitive environment where we are now heading.

But, even with your 16p tablets, if you only empty every third day the daily saving is only 35p.
You may think this level of saving justifies potentially damaging someone's septic tank to,
personally I don't .

Another money saving tip you may wish to consider is using both sides of the toilet paper.

16p/tablet vs £1.20/green sachet, no brainer for me. Like I said I emptied ours into a septic tank regularly over a ten year period with the owners permission……..never killed it.

Thanks for the hot toilet paper tip, it may suit you and as much as I like a good money saving tip, I’ll swerve this one as I think it may be a little unhygienic 💩🤮😂

We only use green (no idea why that blue stuff is even still for sale frankly) and yes most of the sites up here are on Septics. We started using bog roll from the https://uk.whogivesacrap.org/ as they donate towards toilets in the 3d world and it works perfectly in our cassettes.

In the end I Got some Green stuff. However when I got there the Elsan green was £14 for two litres but Ropers do their own (or someone does it for them) and the none branded green was £9 for 2.5 litres. I have used their own "Blue" before and it was always pretty good so thought I would give it a whirl. It might be water with green dye in it for all I know of course. So we have eco friendly green and Tesco Bio Tabs. While Im on Arran and any other islands ill stick to the Green stuff, see what its like and report back.

In the end I Got some Green stuff. However when I got there the Elsan green was £14 for two litres but Ropers do their own (or someone does it for them) and the none branded green was £9 for 2.5 litres. I have used their own "Blue" before and it was always pretty good so thought I would give it a whirl. It might be water with green dye in it for all I know of course. So we have eco friendly green and Tesco Bio Tabs. While Im on Arran and any other islands ill stick to the Green stuff, see what its like and report back.

Skinfull of Guinness and a Ruby tonight then Barry?

Skinfull of Guinness and a Ruby tonight then Barry?

Nah I have to get up at the crack of dawn (about 9am) and drive all the way up to Arran so will give it a swerve. Ill save the proper "testing" of the new bog until I am well ensconced.

The new "Green" smells lovely by the way. How do I know you ask? Well about an hour ago belting up through Scotland Michelle desperately needs the loo but as we are chasing a ferry she decides to go on the move. :D I say but I've not put any "green" in the brand new Thetford! So I give her the "green: and sometime later (about 40 miles) :D she returns with the green. She must have sloshed about a pint of the stuff down the bog! It will be gone by Saturday at this rate. Least it smells nice. :D

Im sticking with bio tabs as the work and smell nice, not that I make a habit of sniffing toilets. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back