Almost full lockdown coming for a while...

Just reading this thread about masks, as a Paramedic we use what we call our ā€œEbolaā€ masks as we were issued them for those respiratory illnesses when treating / transporting patients ~10 years ago. Loads of younger nurses and paramedics ask where we got them? In the middle of the COVID19 pandemic it was difficult to find a supplier but a quick search on google shows stock. These are very safe and fully gseal against face if fitted correctly. ( We needed the confidence of something that worked as when catching Ebola or SARS it has a 50% death rate compared with ~0.5% with COVID19).
Cheers
Dave #StaySafe
A3977543-3273-4ADF-90F4-E6ACEB447BC1.jpeg
3815A2D3-5651-460C-B65A-C235A41CC1FA.png
403B6093-7E1A-44E1-B1B5-F0B78E7D3936.png

So the North East will be joining London in Tier 4 as of tomorrow (I assume midnight tomorrow night).

Three quarters of England will be in Tier 4 after that.

Batten down the hatches, the bumpy ride continues.
Stay safe, don't take daft risks.

Fingers crossed they get the logistics of rolling out and dispensing the vaccine(s) sorted and speeded up asap (y)
Full lockdown here, or so our gov says, many non es places still open or round the back door service, small decrease in traffic, next doors house is like a railway station with people trooping in and out, brothers aunts gran mates etc. :mad:
Mine too here, like kings cross everyday with their troops Trev. My daughter (police officer) said even if a report comes through they havenā€™t got the resources to attend. The few cops if around the address reported, may get a visit . In the meantime that code log is not priority on their list.

Where are you going to get the extra police from, impossible and will never happen and thats why folk here dont give a flying fart.

Maybe the extra police could come from plod not having to deal with burglaries because everyone is at home. less shop lifting to deal with.

Maybe the extra police could come from plod not having to deal with burglaries because everyone is at home. less shop lifting to deal with.
Up till a few months back the police where under no compulsion to investigate shoplifting below Ā£200, they have now been told they should investigate them, so you will probably find they have more shoplifting to deal with than at anytime since 2014.

Up till a few months back the police where under no compulsion to investigate shoplifting below Ā£200, they have now been told they should investigate them, so you will probably find they have more shoplifting to deal with than at anytime since 2014.
I though someone would come up with the Ā£200 shoplifting thingy........but the dramatic fall in burglaries should free up enough polds.

Problem is people do breakins to get stuff to sell for their drug habit, mind you a few broken knee caps stops them trying it again.

Last edited:
the

I think drugs should be legalised, allow corner shops to sell them like cigarettes. The dealers will then be out of business and all the plods can be better deployed.
People choose to kill themselves with cigarettes so drugs will be no different.
Totally agree weā€™ve been fighting the war against drugs too long. After all the worst drug of all is already legal, alcohol.

There's nothing governments like more than bringing in new laws, AFAIK all drugs have been legal at some time or other until made illegal, so don't expect the government to start legalising drugs anytime soon.

There's nothing governments like more than bringing in new laws, AFAIK all drugs have been legal at some time or other until made illegal, so don't expect the government to start legalising drugs anytime soon.
If they were getting a tax duty on them im sure they would be legal, problem is there not seen by many as acceptable, well until a god turns lettuce leaves into grass for his mates. šŸ˜‚

the

I think drugs should be legalised, allow corner shops to sell them like cigarettes. The dealers will then be out of business and all the plods can be better deployed.
People choose to kill themselves with cigarettes so drugs will be no different.
I agree,but there are no votes in it. We have a reactionary not progressive electorate.

It stops them giving anything to the patient. And better masks IIRC
That's exactly it.

I think that the fundamental problem with getting people to wear masks is selfishness. People still keep asking how much protection THEY get from wearing a mask and don;t really seem to care if it is to protect others or not.

Here's a meme, quite old now, that describes it perfectly -

3l1rc72zyjb51.jpg

What, any currently illegal drug of any class, should be available from corner shops?

They are at this one which i witnessed regularly when picking the wife up from the church opposite.

She used to chair the weekly FA meetings there before lockdowns which are now done on Zoom.

There was a constant stream of punters going in and back out again within 30 seconds or so and weirdly they had no shopping with them o_O

Screenshot (14).png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back