All electric motorhomes.... Possible or not?

Do you think we will see a decline in the popularity of motorsports, especially F1?

Or as a self build

Touring Double Seater 4 Wheel Tandem Quadricycle Surrey Bike

Currenly conversions are expensive Personally feel, a 10k MH doesn't really warrant 20k (and tbf it would be more than that) conversion but I was interested to see what others felt. Maybe if you live in or want to be able to visit cities and your van is 50k rather than 10k..

There's electric vans from in the pipeline from manufacturers, Ford have an all electric transit soon. They will make nice bases for MH in the years ahead I think.

Currenly conversions are expensive Personally feel, a 10k MH doesn't really warrant 20k (and tbf it would be more than that) conversion but I was interested to see what others felt. Maybe if you live in or want to be able to visit cities and your van is 50k rather than 10k..

There's electric vans from in the pipeline from manufacturers, Ford have an all electric transit soon. They will make nice bases for MH in the years ahead I think.
Electric tranies are and have been on the market for a we while or so i have read.
Think soon all city buses will be electric mind you.

There's been some conversions, eg Smith Edison Transit . And Ford have a hybrid, but I don't think Ford have produced a pure electric themselves.

Electric city buses make lots of sense - known predictable useage pattern and overnight base for recharge. Whole cities in China have electric fleets from what I've read. I do love ICE but for lots of things electric is already the apropriate choice

The West Midlands Ambulance Service is now starting to use Electric Fiat Ducato Ambulances.
Could that be a bit of a problem on a busy shift night? no opportunity to plug in to recharge between shouts? or is this more for things like non-emergency patient transfer type roles?

Could that be a bit of a problem on a busy shift night? no opportunity to plug in to recharge between shouts? or is this more for things like non-emergency patient transfer type roles?
No, they are frontline fast response vehicles in urban areas. They can use fast chargers. I guess what will happen eventually is they will have charge points outside A&E where they can plug in whilst booking in patients.

No, they are frontline fast response vehicles in urban areas. They can use fast chargers. I guess what will happen eventually is they will have charge points outside A&E where they can plug in whilst booking in patients.
It takes a good time to deep clean an ambulance after each shout, more than time to recharge batteries to 80% or top up.

All joking aside it looks that it will happen within the time limit, or so they hope, im thinking it will take longer just like they said we would all have broad band wifi, yea right.

I think its cars at first but no one has said that as yet, as for a van, tests have been done and range will soon be 300+ with swappable battery packs for commercial vans.
Here is the big problem, you will not be allowed to take a diesel engine anywhere in built up places, plus the tax and insurance will price them out forcing electric only.
Think about it... if you swap your battery, fine, it may only take a few minutes BUT to have the amount of batteries ready for swapping for all the bev’s using the fuel station would require a huge amount of batteries waiting, fully charged and the swapped batteries on charge. How much power would it require to charge all the batteries the need it - probably a small power station.
I don’t think the logistics of bev’s are truly being thought about.

Not an EV but why not a hybrid.
Thus 4WD possible/best.
Efficient use of a fossil fuel in running what is in fact an efficient generator on wheels !
Some weight saving on engine/clutch/gearbox to offset the battery weight and re-generation when braking..
A solar roof as well ! (so only drive uphull when it is sunny !)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back