After the 'Goodish' news in W Wales, there's this from N Wales

I've seen the aftermath of a bank holiday weekend on one of my fave spots ...

It's a large North Wales campsite that is as close to wild camping as you can get BUT with facilities ....

There is a large central toilet shower block ..
With a good few more smaller blocks (once upon a time portacabins but now nice modern modular units )

After a bank holiday weekends ....the bushes and shrubs around the site are festooned with toilet tissue/human waste including human Faeces ....

Now that's on a site where people have PAID for the camping AND facilities ....

I personally think that speaks volumes about the human (I use the term with reservations)
And the mentality of some ....

There are tents/motorhomes/campervan allowed ...

I'm afraid I wouldn't be prepared to guess at what the breakdown of offenders would be .

I think it stems from there being many reports in the media of such activity being blamed for the closure of various spots to us. There never is any evidence. Then we get motorhomers reporting it also but often its third party claims that they never witnessed actually themselves. So whilst its obvious now that it has happened as you and another member saw it yourselves I would be willing to bet that the vast majority of these claims that we see in the media or we hear third hand from a friend of a friend are rubbish. As far as I can see there has never been any real evidence as in Photographic or video evidence even after the event. At least Ive not seen any. If it was as rife as some would have us believe it would be all over the internet but its not.

I know there was a lot of awful behaviour in lockdown or just after but from what I can gather, virtually all of that was yobs from towns in throw away tents.
Re your last paragraph, it wasn’t always them no. For example, we lost Helmsley as a direct result of motorhomers/vanners really bad behaviour. I witnessed it there and never stopped again it was that bad. Other places suffered too. It’s a mixed bag.

Many on this forum advocate emptying in Supermarket facilities, pubs, disabled toilets using Radar keys when not entitled, water from graveyards etc. etc.

Not illegal, but not a good image in my opinion.
100% agree. It’s as if some can’t understand the damage done to our image by these actions. Either can’t understand or don’t care, and I don’t know which is worse.

I have read most of the posts and think its all a load of cr-p. 😂
Please tell me where truck drivers and bus men do it when out of town, here its in the bushes behind the bus shelter or inside a farmers gate, you cant hold whats not in your hand.

100% agree. It’s as if some can’t understand the damage done to our image by these actions. Either can’t understand or don’t care, and I don’t know which is worse.

Understand and care. But if I ever get into a situation where I've got to do something, dumping waste on the ground - public, private or wherever - will never be the option I choose.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back