3D number plates

Vanity IMHO....

Especially as you don't actually own a vehicle reg number...

But each to their own ;-)
Everyman to their own. It would be a dull place if we were all the same. But my car looks better with its 5 digit plate and it looked even better when it was on my T5.
28D5F4C3-1C46-4C2D-997A-70B6204A8B92.jpeg

I bought some really cheap UK stickers off t’internet and I’m really pleased with them. Although they are slightly smaller than the blue EU style part of the number plate the blue colour is a perfect match so you can’t notice them as stickers as they now just look part of the number plate. I also got the Angles Morts signs but am in two minds whether to put them on. The van is sold as a 3.5 tonner and is well under 7m long but I up weighted it so legally should put the stickers on. However they look horrendous and I’m not sure if they can be peeled off again although I’ll probably end up being a good boy and stick them on!

I think you own the right to use it and therefore you can sell it as well.
Yup... What you pay is basically a rental fee, or usage fee...
The actual number belong to the DVLA.
You are basically selling a 'lease' when you sell the number on.

I really really don't 'get' the obsession with private plates some folks have....
The bulk of the ones I see up and down the motorway don't make sense to anyone other than the person that bought it lol....

Mind I have one lovely customer that bought the number W3 ndy....

(she's called Wendy) for Absoloute peanuts several years back and was recently offered £50,000 plus for it.

Private number plates are ok, but I don't really see the point.
However, if the digits are altered or incorrectly spaced is a different matter. When I was a copper they were always a good one to pull over. Our original guidance was to give a vehicle rectification certificate, so they had to go to an MOT testing station to get a certificate to say they now comply and present that at a police station. But the drivers just swopped the number plate over. So the guidance changed to just giving them a fixed penalty so they had to pay a fine. But whilst we pulled them over we always looked for other offences, tyres, drink driving, licence and insurance check or anything else. I had a good number of arrests from that!
Incorrect use of front fog lights was another good stop too!

FWIW, I've seen reports in the media (but been unable to confirm on DVLA/gov websites) that DVLA can revoke your right to a personal registration for any number plate related offence (e.g. messing around with the spacing, etc.) For example, this article from the Daily Express claims, "Number plate offences could see individuals hit with a £1,000 fine or even see their number plate revoked."

I recon £250 IS a lot of money for someting so silly as a personalised number plate. However, each to his own though when I see a personalised plate I think "Prick". After reading about the pig reference I tried to find Trevskoda's post with it in and failed. Where did it go?

I recon £250 IS a lot of money for someting so silly as a personalised number plate. However, each to his own though when I see a personalised plate I think "Prick". After reading about the pig reference I tried to find Trevskoda's post with it in and failed. Where did it go?
Why is someone who chooses to spend a little of THEIR hard earned cash personalising THEIR motorhome a “Prick”?
Trevs post went to the same place your post hopefully goes.

Why is someone who chooses to spend a little of THEIR hard earned cash personalising THEIR motorhome a “Prick”?
Trevs post went to the same place your post hopefully goes.
Perhaps it's the same law of perception that has all motorhomers tarred with the "countryside littering, 5h1t-leaving miscreant" brush in the eyes of many of the public. It seems to me that a greater proportion of those with personalised plates act as entitled morons than those without. Similarly, I perceive the same of those with recent, luxury cars (vs 'ordinary' motorists).
Of course, the majority of motorhomers are thoughtful, take nothing and leave nothing but tyre treads; the majority of those with personalised plates are decent, thoughtful drivers; and the majority of luxury car owners likewise. A minority give the rest a bad name; and/or there might be unjustified generalisation and stereotyping -- but the perception is still there...

Perception also applies to 'not much money', Geoff, and it's all relative. 👍

£250 is a lot of money to me, but will be peanuts to others. That's life, we get on with it 🤷‍♀️

Anyway, I've just spotted Gordon's new number plate getting delivered ... 😁

1_TUFF_OLD_FART_-_No_BH_2.jpg

My brother and wife is into fancy plates costing well in excess of 5 grand, that would be my lifetime of all cars bought, he or she cannot see it when driving, so to me its a look at me vanity exercise, but if folk are that way inclined then ok as not my dosh.

Not really worth commenting then was it?
Going to be a quiet forum if folks only comment on stuff that directly involves them lol...

Personal choice as I said earlier...
Though I can think of lots of stuff I'd rather spend my money on rather than trying to get a number plate to look like my name.... (beer mainly)

Get one of these instead...

green-windscreen-sun-names-sunstrip-capri.jpg

Cheaper and you could have your full name on it ;-)

Going to be a quiet forum if folks only comment on stuff that directly involves them lol...

Though I can think of lots of stuff I'd rather spend my money on rather than trying to get a number plate to look like my name.... (beer mainly)

View attachment 106589

Comments without the insults would be better though?

Indeed....
This place is always nicer when folks remember that we are a broad selection of folks with many and varied opinions, views, beliefs etc etc
And exchange those views whilst remaining civil and friendly with good humour without resorting to name calling or bad feeling.

Exactly my point.

I have a personalised reg on my bike but don't regard myself as in the "look at me vanity" bracket.

View attachment 106589

By the way, I doubt a Ford Capri would be cheaper - especially THAT Ford Capri! :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back