250ah battery

That’s the same battery I got from Tayna I collected it and they knocked £10 off thought my back would go lifting it in

they do smaller ones,90 and 110,two of the 110 vartas seem good to go,when my old truck battery die i sure will be getting silver power frame .

I fitted one of these last year:

It's the largest capacity battery in the highly thought of Varta/Bosch silver framed range.

Cheaper than the Red Bull, but Alpha Batteries don't do them.

Looks like you need a crane hoist to get it in. Hate to think how much it weighs

Better to have two so if one goes down you can disconnect one and CARRY ON CAMPING.
babes.png

Good offer on the Relion and worth looking into.

The efoy fuel cell will need to drop in price although the size, weight and simplicity is very attractive.

Thank you everyone for your input, you have given me a lot to think about. I will no doubt be asking more numpty questions and bowing to your superior technical knowledge.

The time to charge will not be halved.

An analogy.

If you had two water tanks rather than one and emptied 100 litres of water it will take exactly the same time to fill from the tap ...
Sorry but yes It will. whatever amps would go into one battery will go to each battery in a two battery set up. whatever you use is split across two battery’s so it will recharge twice as quickly

Relax. I've asked Commissioner Gordon to fire up the Bat signal. Hopefully the Dark Knight's alter ego, millionaire socialite @wildebus, will drop in from the shadows and sort this out.

Relax. I've asked Commissioner Gordon to fire up the Bat signal. Hopefully the Dark Knight's alter ego, millionaire socialite @wildebus, will drop in from the shadows and sort this out.
Ha ha, don’t need that one sorting. The only proviso being you have the capability to put the charge back in

Sorry but yes It will. whatever amps would go into one battery will go to each battery in a two battery set up. whatever you use is split across two battery’s so it will recharge twice as quickly
That assumes your battery charger has also doubled in size (if the same amps go into BOTH batteries as went in one with a single battery) :)

However, in actual fact, and this could be surprising .... with a Lead Acid battery, if you double the battery size (either bigger battery or more of them), but keep the same charger, the charge time back to full from xAh of use could actually be increased! (because when the battery is more depleted, it is able to take a higher percentage of the overall capacity as a charge rate. Whether this is the case or not depends on the charger size)

But I recommend TrevSkodas suggestion. After all, if the batteries are low, just go to bed with a good boob, opps, book ;)

Like this one? https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G2...0-pcomp-feature-scomp-wm-5&ref=aa_scomp_srdg2
Doesn't look too bad a price or am I missing something?
Fitting solar panels and heading for Scotland this time of year will not work unless you do as Phil has done and cover the whole of the roof. You will be lucky to get 1Ah out of a 100w solar panel this time of year. The further north you go the worse it gets. Having flat panels on the roof is also a no no. Panels should be pointed at the sun if you see it. Panels should be near vertical and tracking the sun this time of year.

The answer is an Efoy fuel cell. Not cheap but the small one will churn out 3A 24/7 which is 72A per 24H which should be more than enough for your needs. You will save on weight as you only need a small battery bank and you don't need to go for expensive lithium batteries. When you consider how much your solar panels are going to cost. Add on a good quality solar regulator. Add on the cost of extra batteries and wiring. Don't forget all the weight that this adds and you soon realise that a fuel cell works.

You should have enough for one you just saved £4000 on your new MH and got an extra £1000 for the Swift crap.
i have to disagree with you on this one you don’t need to cover your roof with panels like Phil .I only have 400watts of solar but because I can tilt them up to 90% I was getting between 15 and 17 amps up at the frog meet .I can’t understand why more of you don’t tilt your panels .I don’t have to tilt them at all in the summer.

i have to disagree with you on this one you don’t need to cover your roof with panels like Phil .I only have 400watts of solar but because I can tilt them up to 90% I was getting between 15 and 17 amps up at the frog meet .I can’t understand why more of you don’t tilt your panels .I don’t have to tilt them at all in the summer.
Simple Jeff, lack of access. Of course ladders would provide that but something else to carry

I understand that with you Neil.
I do keep thinking about a folding panel but don’t think I would like leaving it out when I am not near the van as rarely on proper sites.
I got a boost in harvesting today though after discovering a feed from one of my panels had come adrift lol

Could the tilting panel be moved up and down with air rams or electric motors,should be doable.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back