Yet another fairly positive article re Scotland Motorhome facilities

My buddie came down for a visit last night he had been up at Glen Etive a couple of weeks ago ( down by the loch) and witnessed the crap that had been left behind by campers.
He is a camper himself using a small Bivvy tent, he then started clearing up bottles and disposable BBQ's before pitching up. The estate had placed several industrial sized bins for campers to dispose of their litter but instead of walking a hundred or so yards everything was left at their arse!
The bins were only 1/3 full max, on tossing the three bin liners of rubbish he had collected he noticed the police approaching and stopped at the first tent where a couple of girls had pitched up they then started to pack up after the officers spoke to them, they then moved onto two families had a word woth them then headed over ro Iain and another guy that had just fronted up before the police had arrived by this time Iain had a dram in his hand.
The officer explained that although travel restrictions had been lifted wild camping in TENTS was still against guidelines and continued to explain that they had no problems with campervan's as they were self contained so the way i read that it the press who are causing the biggest problem against the motorhome community.
The officer then finished off by saying I see you have had a wee drink so i presume you shall be leaving in the morning have a nice evening then left.

So it would seem that it is mostly the press stirring up motorhome hatred all over Britain...

That is no surprise really.

If it's not negative or controversial it's not deemed newsworthy.

And the majority of the media love to sensationalise/exaggerate/twist a story so it grabs them a bigger audience.

Why let the fact that 99% of us are decent folk just trying to enjoy the winters of our lives after working hard for decades ruin a good story. Backed up by nimbys with nothing better to do with their lives, and councillors worried about getting their p45s. It’s the perfect storm, and we are caught in the middle rudderless.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back