Yet another fairly positive article re Scotland Motorhome facilities

Tonybvi

458DAF5F-FC1E-4CB9-A950-68E7FE8E43ED.png

An article in the Press and Journal about Loch Morlich near Aviemore being abused on a grand scale by tenters and campervans. The campsite is not opening this year and people are camping on the beach and lighting fires and crapping everywhere. 🤬🤬🤮. Maybe someone could post a link?
not good but we get that down in england, oh and cymru, .okpj.

An article in the Press and Journal about Loch Morlich near Aviemore being abused on a grand scale by tenters and campervans. The campsite is not opening this year and people are camping on the beach and lighting fires and crapping everywhere. 🤬🤬🤮. Maybe someone could post a link?

Here’s a link.
If only motorhome and campervan users could just park and sleep in their vans rather than lighting fires we would find so many more places remain available.

It has been 'Litter Britain' for many years and getting worse all the time.

Outrageous that neither national or local government have ever taken this seriously.

It's as serious an offence as speeding, drnk driving, or any other type of criminal behaviour and should be treated as such.

They want to get revenue moving back into government coffers then they need to introduce serious fines as deterrents along with the staff to enforce it.
In my book it would be pretty easy money as the offenders are everywhere.

We drove into the Loch side carpark at Morlich and there was a large newish motorhome parked in the our favourite bay. When the motorhome pulled away we quickly started and drove into the bay they had just left. In the bushes was a black bag full of rubbish and nearby was a fresh pile of human £$%^ complete with bog roll. This was a couple of years ago and it didn’t look like a hired motorhome. I took the bag of rubbish and binned it and put a big rock on top of the £$%^. It really p1ssed me off and just goes to show it’s not just tenters that do it.

One of my favourite spots en route to the highlands, used Glenmore as recent as last year for a long weekend in a tent with Michelle,

The beach cp clearly had signs banning motorhomes couple parked there Germans so no idea if they understood, the main road parts you can overnight park, and further up The road at lower Cairngorms car park which is massive always a few vans tolerated.

Aviemore itself is very touristy couple of decent pubs ( bridge inn ecclefechan cake and cream) expensive fish and chips in the town and a well stocked Tesco so easy camping really

It doesn’t matter how much people spend, ultimately if you can’t be respectful to the area and people lucky enough to live there expect not to feel welcome and cold shouldered.

These people at the weekend are not campers of any persuasion, I just hope not too much damage done to the tourist reputation but won’t hold my breath

Proper rattled my cage has this incident

Dirty pigs here to,seen a camp table where a barby had been left to burn through it over night,beer tins every where,then folk wonder why places get closed of .
Mostly folk in cars do this but the big finger always points to us.

How do you legislate against filthy habits in public places?

Instant fines is a good start, imo, regardless of your mode of transport from Shank's Pony up over .....

Yes and employ more wardens to do surprise visits and then they could issue instant fines.The money from the fines would easily cover the cost of employing new Wardens.

Scotland certainly look to be leading the way. Could you start looking at banning the midges now. (y)

Why, midges have rights you know, they have as much right to be here as you.
They don’t leave crap everywhere they go, or freeload in lay byes to miserable to pay their way. No we wont be banning midges apart from the east coast, where they ban everything, including us. Even the midges can’t survive there. :)

Last edited:
Scotland is awash with places to park up, there are thousands not listed on here in the pois. But what’s lacking is chemical waste facilities. Some campsites will allow you to use their facilities for a fee. The CCC allow this in some sites for £7.20 for members only. (Currently suspended due to Covid) They allow a four hour stay were you can have a shower empty your cassette and replenish water. I have written twice to the other mob, but it’s like talking to a brick wall on this one. However things seem to be moving with them and hopefully in the next year or two they will do likewise.

But Whats required are more public facilities, and thankfully things will be improving in the coming years. This cannot come quickly enough, and it will go a long way to alleviating problems of waste disposal.

Last edited:
The economic impact on the big camping organisations has surely got to tell over the longer term?

Before C-19 the CMC already expected their wardens to go round with 3 brushes up their bums, that's if the wardens do the job properly.
(Some do it properly, some don't, like any workplace). I understand from inside sources that they are having trouble recruiting just now. Not all that surprising really.

If the C-19 restrictions stay in place indefinitely then the maximum capacity of some sites will have to shrink, which I guess would mean a reduced overall workforce. They can probably whack their site prices sky high to compensate, but that could make them way too expensive for some people to use them regularly, including maybe some covid newcomers?

I know there is strong 'staycation' demand at the moment which should be working in their favour. Maybe it will stay strong over the next year or two?

Who knows for sure what will happen?

Why, midges have rights you know, they have as much right to be hear as you.
They don’t leave crap everywhere they go, or freeload in lay byes to miserable to pay their way. No we wont be banning midges apart from the east coast, where they ban everything, including us. Even the midges can’t survive there. :)

To be fair before I had chemo everything used to bite me something terrible and since chemo i have hardly had any bites at all. Every cloud has a silver lining. Might seem a bit of a extreme way of stopping bites but its worked for me. (y) and long may it continue to do so.

To be fair before I had chemo everything used to bite me something terrible and since chemo i have hardly had any bites at all. Every cloud has a silver lining. Might seem a bit of a extreme way of stopping bites but its worked for me. (y) and long may it continue to do so.

Sorry to hear about the chemo faze. I hope you are coping well, I know it can be horrible.
Take care Faze.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back