Would you take a laptop away?

Sharon the Cat

Last year we went away for a fortnight and I used my phone so much I got RSI that was really painful for over 6 months.

I've now got a second laptop which is small and neat, with fingerprint recognition. I don't keep any confidential files on it but I do use Google and of course it logs me in automatically. I don't store any banking passwords in Google (although passwords are fingerprint protected).

Is it worth the risk that some skank may break in and find it? Discuss...................................

I’d love to leave my laptop at home, but except weekends it’s unlikely I won’t need it.

Always have never gave your worries a thought. Once when I sent my laptop for repair via a friend I forgot to tell him the password phoned him up to tell him he said I,ve got it back drop it up later when I mentioned the password he said what sort of repairer do you think he is if he needs a password.

Used to for picture uploading etc...

Then went to a tablet

Now just use my Samsung Galaxy note far easier and less pfaff as its all far more integrated.

Always used a Netbook. I cannot be bothered fiddling with phones or tablets. The Netbook has a long battery life and I prefer using a mouse, especially when playing Freecell or Sudoku (while the Wife is watching her Soaps). 😒

Always have never gave your worries a thought. Once when I sent my laptop for repair via a friend I forgot to tell him the password phoned him up to tell him he said I,ve got it back drop it up later when I mentioned the password he said what sort of repairer do you think he is if he needs a password.
Yep and thats why I set up l tops with linux for people, one I did today as chap fooked of with windows/google spying on him, and bugs.
laptop a.png

We only started taking a laptop away from this year when I got a new one. It's great for watching downloaded programmes when we are away plus I use it for 2 hours every morning as I get up at 6.

Mrs GMJ has a Samsung tablet that she uses for checking the news, emails etc.

We only started taking a laptop away from this year when I got a new one. It's great for watching downloaded programmes when we are away plus I use it for 2 hours every morning as I get up at 6.

Mrs GMJ has a Samsung tablet that she uses for checking the news, emails etc.
If you put emails on a tablet or android phone the google lads will be through everything, and then start fishing the ph numbers and details of others you are in contact with, then start to pester them. :eek:

Do you have to have an account with Google for this to happen?

Not wishing to be controversial but do you have evidence of this happening?

Not wishing to be controversial but do you have evidence of this happening?
Yes big time, a few weeks back my mates daughter had his birthday details on here phone, google then lifted them and sent a birthday wishes to his phone, I know of many things like this, my ph got hacked 2 weeks back, next ph will be a open source ph where I pick what operating sys I use.

Is it possible that your friend/friend's daughter had used their date of birth at any time for any genuine reason on line, like filling in forms or joining any forum etc? I see that threads appear on here and motorhomers for example, that relate to birthday wishes.

Is it possible that your friend/friend's daughter had used their date of birth at any time for any genuine reason on line, like filling in forms or joining any forum etc? I see that threads appear on here and motorhomers for example, that relate to birthday wishes.
Nop, my mates a top notch on linux and explained how it all works, blinkin scary if you ask me, how do you think the Ukraine army listens to russian messages which are ment to be encrypted, nothing is safe, I beleave this site runs on linux, its never been hacked as far as I know, Phils the man who would know best as he is top notch.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back