Window vac?

We always use external if on site put in shower if wet .internal blinds for wc couple of towels rolled along bottom helps stop condensation but not all.
Wipe with sponges of we go .
Loooked at karchers one more thing to charge.

We charge ours around two or three times in winter months lasts for ages the charge

Reactions: REC
Just to note their are other window vacs available that are much cheaper than Karcher such as lidle and aldi , personally not a fan of karcher as I had 2 fail just out of warranty.

Last edited:
Just to note their are other window vacs available that are much cheaper than Karcher i

You're right Bazz, this one gets good reviews;

I've got quite a few Titan tools at home and always been happy with their goods.

I like the Karcher. Don't leave water in it, and don't turn it upside down = all good :)

Another Karcher user, they do leak if you keep using it upside down , so take one long stroke from the bottom of the screen to the top and then turn it the right way up and all the water drops into the bottle, and it stays in there when turn it back upside down for the next stroke. We take it home after about 3 months for a fresh charge.

If we know it's going to stay dry the outside screen goes on as you don't get the condensation, but if it rains in the middle of the night it's a pain to dry and often ends up hanging in the shower all day. If it's raining the internal screens go on and the window vac comes out in the morning.

Aldi today
17F3CE54-7343-41AE-B2EF-1317D25A049D.jpeg

Karcher, probably one of the most useful cleaning items I’ve ever used, does exactly what is says on the box, everyone should have one!

Spent the night first for a while with external screens on virtually no condensation =karcher not used

Always use the externals to keep things cosy AND condensation free....

Great in summer too to keep the heat out too
If we wild in the summer we dont fit externals incase a fast exit is required min no scared or ought but keeps the gaffer happy 👍

We have been using the smaller Karcher for quite a while, brilliant. It works upside down as long as there isn’t any water in the container so do the bottom bit first. Have only charged it a couple of times in 2 years.

Anyone tried microfibre towels?
We tend to crack the cab wi does open for a bit of ventilation and being an oldish van the curtain around the windscreen top to floor keeps drafts at bay.
The air flow dies a great job of reducing the level of condensation.

Anyone tried microfibre towels?
We tend to crack the cab wi does open for a bit of ventilation and being an oldish van the curtain around the windscreen top to floor keeps drafts at bay.
The air flow dies a great job of reducing the level of condensation.
I find microfibre towels useless - either for windows or ourselves. used them for us when we first had the van - quickly switched to regular towels.

I just use a towel across dash and squeegee which works on a lot of screens - even if screen has iced up inside it just falls on the towel then shake ice off in the shower area then and hang towel up to dry

We use karcher Window vac. Wouldn't be without it now. The charge lasts about 3 months. I use it on its side and empty it more often. Brilliant bit of kit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back