Window vac?

Phantom

At this time of year we tend to put our silver screen on the inside to save the inner foam absorbing water, but that causes condensation on the inside of the windscreen. Whilst I was repeatedly wringing out a cloth I saw another moho using a rechargable window vac recently and thought that maybe a good idea? So who uses one? It seems that some would not be practical if could only be used upright. Another consideration is how they charge, mains or usb? Any recommendations or should we just keep wringing a cloth?

We use the karcher great bit of kit if you use external screens you get less condensation we've found
once the hoover is charged it lasts ages
mains charge and I do use tilted but watch for water leaking out
sometimes karcher do refurbs around £28 ish 9D2C8531-D843-4116-8B1A-317CF8A367C6.pngB890A40F-D788-4A32-8528-6C7469BD6CBB.png

Last edited:
Karcher for us too - we got one with a 12v charger which is ideal for the motor home. As others have said watch out for leakage!

We have a karcher which we charge very little....it is brilliant saving so much damp staying in the van. If we use internal or external screens it is an essential for us. Empty if before full and it can be used at angles. Have it for shower at home when not on the road.

I took our Karcher vac away with us this year - it worked very well, as said above can be used horizontally if you’re careful. I’m a convert to it now.

Yes, Karcher for us too, we found it was quite difficult to get to bottom of windscreen, but overall did a lot better/quicker job than a cloth.

We have a Beldray window vacuum and only still have it because we didn't get around to throwing it out. It really is a useless piece of kit as you have to use it perfectly vertical and it won't dry the windscreen in that position. I noticed that Karcher have a different design and so my comments don't apply to Karcher -- I'm just suggesting you think twice before buying any other brand!

we were given one by Campervanannie and Mrs B loves it we get a lot of condo in the house as well as the van and she loves to see the reservoir fill . simple pleasures !

I had a bit of a Google, Karcher seemed best but were by far the most expensive. Vileda look a great second best for about £35 and seems to work any way up. Just how many morning window wipes would warrant a purchase?

Buy and use insulated external screens...

Better to prevent the formation of condensation than pfaff about clearing the small percentage that hasn't already formed and run to the (very likely) lightly painted parts of the cab interior behind the dashboard.

Yes, Karcher for us too, we found it was quite difficult to get to bottom of windscreen, but overall did a lot better/quicker job than a cloth.
Ours is an A class so obviously a huge windscreen so I do as much as I can then empty it and use it horizontally across the bottom, I have lost count of the times it has spat water through the vent holes but it is still working :ROFLMAO:

Aldi do them from time to time for £19.99 and work well, in fact her indoors made me get another for the house to dry off the shower screen and tray. The seldom need charging.
Saw them in Lidl recently too

We use a Karcher, very quick and easy. We look on the condensation on the windscreen as an excellent dehumidifier. Really couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of external screens as we use the van in all weathers and in a force 10 gale putting the external screens on or off would be impossible.

Ours is an A class so obviously a huge windscreen so I do as much as I can then empty it and use it horizontally across the bottom, I have lost count of the times it has spat water through the vent holes but it is still working :ROFLMAO:

Yeah they do that Terry.

I've often thought of trying to detach the nozzle and reattach it to a flexible pipe so just the nozzle could be moved around the windscreen whilst the body and tank remained upright.

I suggested to Julie that I try this and she said "Why don't you save some effort and just put it in the bin now". :(

We use a Karcher, very quick and easy. We look on the condensation on the windscreen as an excellent dehumidifier. Really couldn’t be bothered with the hassle of external screens as we use the van in all weathers and in a force 10 gale putting the external screens on or off would be impossible.
Bill I think you SHOULD use external screens and don't worry about force ten gales. If you get comfy and direct sue as to the best position and have a cuppa ready for her entrance in with a dry towel
BUT PLEASE DONT TELL HER I POSTED THIS

• Funny
Reactions: 2cv
If you put some paper towel or t clothes along the screen base prior to using the karcher it saves the dash getting wet imho

Karcher for us all the time. Bought cheaper ones in the past but wasn't impressed. We empty it everytime and also use it upside down to get the bottom of the screen. Doesn't leak if emptied before use. We also use it on all other windows when cleaning them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back