Will motorhome use resume on July 4th?

In the last 24 hours and for the fourth day in Scotland there are no deaths, and only 22 new cases. Yesterday out of over 130 deaths in the Uk there were only 2 in Scotland. On Tuesday there were only 7 new cases reported. Apart from the care homes I reckon she has done ok. But don’t tell Bill I said that or he will remove this post :)
T’other ‘arf says she’d rather have your wee lass than our bumbling behemoth and the evil puppeteer...at least she doesn’t waffle, paffle, piffle.

You have probably got more chance of getting away with overnighting if you have somewhere fairly local to go - old plod comes along sees where vehicle is registered too far from home you could shoot yourself in the foot - park local you can argue that you travel home each night just keeping the spot for next day it is legal to park on road overnight

The UK has also suffered from the effects of devolved administrations causing confusion and employing (at not inconsiderable expense) their own advisors and decision makers. Better to have this centralised with regional tweaking where necessary.

I take it bill when you say centralised you mean Westminster.
Well even allowing for density of population England has suffered worse, particularly in the past two months. You know I am no fan of Nicola, but then again I am certainly no fan of the muppets in charge of Westminster. I reckon that we are better off with our own controls, and our own muppets.
But we have to learn how to live with this virus, and we have to learn fast.
If we don’t our economy will suffer, and the mental anguish of some will only get much worse.

Last edited:
If camp sites DO open on the 4th July does that mean we can wild camp?

I am really concerned with your avatar izzy.
It looks like there a wee man or woman rather close to your privates.
Maybe that’s why you have that smile on your face. :)

Logically YES But what has logic got to do with it.
I suggest NO ! But it would be an interestibg test case if a "false fine or prosecution" ensued.
In practice it might well depend on where and how and the common sense of the police.
If you were in a nice secluded spot ! With no other vehicles why not ?

Just a thought ..With overnight stays with a friend allowed ..What about doggers ????? 😁 😁 :devilish: ⛔

Last edited:

If campsites open the rules about staying away from home will have to be changed or no one will be permitted to use them. Once it’s ok to spend the night away from home then I can see no reason that spending a night parked in a van away from home is not permitted, just as it was before the stay at home rule was introduced.
It would probably be very advisable to take into account local feelings when choosing a location bearing in mind that some may feel that your presence somehow increases the risk of spreading the virus.

If campsites open the rules about staying away from home will have to be changed or no one will be permitted to use them. Once it’s ok to spend the night away from home then I can see no reason that spending a night parked in a van away from home is not permitted, just as it was before the stay at home rule was introduced.
It would probably be very advisable to take into account local feelings when choosing a location bearing in mind that some may feel that your presence somehow increases the risk of spreading the virus.
Agreed as in my post (Logically Yes)
So what about Canterbury P&R ..They could block off ever other space.....Indeed many go the the big parking area now the height barriers are gone
Carry on into the main carpark and immediately turn right............ room for over 100 cars..only ever seen Motorhomes there !
Water & waste same as any campsite !

I take it bill when you say centralised you mean Westminster.
Well even allowing for density of population England has suffered worse, particularly in the past two months. You know I am no fan of Nicola, but then again I am certainly no fan of the muppets in charge of Westminster. I reckon that we are better off with our own controls.
But we have to learn how to live with this virus, and we have to learn fast.
If we don’t our economy will suffer, and the mental anguish of some will only get much worse.

Its a mixed picture. Figures from today.
Cases of covid-19 per 100,000.
England 284
Scotland 334
Wales 482
Northern Ireland 269

But then
Deaths from/with covid per 100,000
England 68
Scotland 45
Wales 47
Northern Ireland 30

Its a mixed picture. Figures from today.
Cases of covid-19 per 100,000.
England 284
Scotland 334
Wales 482
Northern Ireland 269

But then
Deaths from/with covid per 100,000
England 68
Scotland 45
Wales 47
Northern Ireland 30

As I said Dave I was referring to the last two months.
Scottish figures from day one incluced deaths in care homes, England did not.
Also as I stated we have not taken care properly of our care homes until the past two months. Scotland’s death figures at one point included 60% from care homes. A absolutely disgraceful situation, and this distorted figures for the general population. You only have to look at the figures last week to see the obvious disparity between England and the rest of the UK. On Friday the uk had 137 deaths only 2 in Scotland. On Sunday there were no deaths. Last Wednesday there were only 7 new cases reported. But your island has to get back to normality ASAP. And banning day trippers, and Motorhomers is not the way forward. Calmac have to resume normal crossings before your economic situation becomes dire.

Daily figures are no guide.
The 7-day moving average is likely to be the most useful measure as it eliminates slow reportng due to the weekend
The red line Todays average (daily) value being 133 with the numdber of deaths being 43 almost the lowest it has been...... but you can see the low values repeat most sundays/mondays.

ALL the stats from ALL sources are unreliable and suffer from changes in the reporting system.
AS Mark Twain wrote.."There are lies, damned lies, and statistics" my version adds "government statistics" ! Not aimining at the ONS but the way ministers use their figures.

1592816158738.png

South Korea accepted collection of personal data after SARS and MERS. UK still have folks moaning about infringement of rights. The way UK handles IT it is a worry though. If we had used the track and trace SK have and spent the not inconsiderable money preparing for outbreaks we needn’t have locked down. We don’t spend enough on the NHS in normal times never mind spending money on something that had never happened. It is what it is so no point worrying.

As to Motorhome’s getting about it is only yourselves stopping you. Because you have been told something you are doing it. Many others are doing exactly what they want without any penalty being imposed.

Many sites in the Highlands are not opening at all this year. The CCC site at Inverewe and three CMC sites as well as the privately run John o groats site. Others are considering not opening as they are owned/run by people in the shielding/vunerable groups. The NC500 will be ever more problematic for waste disposal this year.

Agreed as in my post (Logically Yes)
So what about Canterbury P&R ..They could block off ever other space.....Indeed many go the the big parking area now the height barriers are gone
Carry on into the main carpark and immediately turn right............ room for over 100 cars..only ever seen Motorhomes there !
Water & waste same as any campsite !

That is an interesting one - when we came back to the UK at the end of March (just after lockdown had been imposed) we were able to stay at the Canterbury P&R (along with about a dozen others - no restrictions on spacing) while campsites were closed. does anyone know if that P&R is currently available?

As I understand we are expecting UK campsites to reopen for self contained motorhomes and caravans to open on the 4th July. This means that the sites will not provide toilet or shower facilities but will provide water, waste, rubbish disposal and toilet emptying. So if you don’t like using the toilet in your motorhome then you are out of luck.

Best start collecting corks then I presume?

If I remember rightly you have that stupid woman up there who has to do everything differently to everyone else just because she can. You would have thought that everyone would be singing from the same sheet of music but oh no that's just to simple.

Why do she think her knickknack is little Krankie?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back