wild water filling .

Run of from slurry,pestacides,weedkiller, fertiliser,all good for you im sure,some of the rivers here have yellow foam on them to boot,floating fish are a givaway.
Then of course there is the waste products from diesel laundering. :unsure:

All very good for the Immune System!

I was running really low once following Hymer advice to not drive with water. I ended up almost devoid of water and had to get some trickled into the tank via a windscreen washer point at a garage. It cost 50p per so many seconds, and it cost quite a lot to get some in as the flow was a literally a trickle rate. Ever since then We always carry enough to cover the immediate needs.
what your feet oh, hands knees and buns a daisie,s ok pj

Besides what others have said I use any water tap with a threaded end.. (drinking water)
I'm 67 and still alive.
Always whenever possible run with full tank of water and an extra 5 gallon container.
I have loads of payload .....

I use campsites, next 2 weeks at £7.80 per night including use of indoor pool, electricity and showers.......its snowing.
were are you, baby its cold outside,ok pj

Clostridium perfringens and their spores are hard to filter out and boiling won’t kill the spores. Magnesium and lead can come from the minerals in the supply. People need to be careful with regards to dodgy water.
doggy water oh no, ok pj

Never pass a tap without topping up.
We have used running well water and fast running mountain streams. Always boil before drinking.

Water is a constant challenge if you travel widely. I've had several tankfuls of chemically treated water after filling up from taps.
I switched over to using only bottled water for drinking, cooking and for the dog's bowl. Tank water is now only for washing and domestic uses.

I've got a 2 cartridge, in-line water filter with dispenser tap in the van's garage, waiting to be fitted that might make the tank water drinkable.

If you like the idea of mountain stream water, any 12v pond pump and a long length of garden hose will allow you to dip into a nearby stream

make sure that you are not downstream from the white man. (American Native Indian saying)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back