Wild camping positive thread photos needed

Would love to get a picture of a Red like that H. They're far too quick for me!
That place with the squirrel is the best I've seen for them so far. On the road from Newton Stewart to New Galloway. The place is mobbed with red kite because of a feeding station across the valley and there's all the usual suspects, woodpecker, jay, nuthatch, siskin and more tits than St Tropez. It's called Craig Croft and was only £6 a night. Meg (Biggarmac) was involved in getting the owners set up and we went on her recommendation. We'll be back, no doubt.

Cheers

H

That place with the squirrel is the best I've seen for them so far. On the road from Newton Stewart to New Galloway. The place is mobbed with red kite because of a feeding station across the valley and there's all the usual suspects, woodpecker, jay, nuthatch, siskin and more tits than St Tropez. It's called Craig Croft and was only £6 a night. Meg (Biggarmac) was involved in getting the owners set up and we went on her recommendation. We'll be back, no doubt.

Cheers

H

I usually try and photograph them at Rothiemurchus but as I say, too quick for me! I have also seen Pine Marten there but they are even quicker.

As you probably know, there is a cafe at Glenmore where they can be easily photographed. I really should have taken the opportunity last time I was there.

Would love to get a picture of a Red like that H. They're far too quick for me!
We have a Red Squirrel feeder in the garden and they’ve actually got quite used to us. They’re comical when there’s a few of them jumping and chasing each other round the garden. We have a Red Kite feeding station about half a mile from us and have the roosting in the trees next to the house.
87783296-3C2C-43CF-81FE-C7D041444CAA.jpeg
51F7D967-BCF3-4DA8-8521-8C613FF9055E.jpeg

Cheers

H
Do you have a location for Craig Croft please Harold?

Here's the link from Searchforsites.

Cheers

H

Midsummer at Sumpafallen's nature conservation area together with our daughter's family. We wildcamped in the parking lot one night, twenty-four hours is ok. Traditional midsummer lunch with pickled herring, sour cream, chopped chives, hard-boiled eggs, boiled fresh potatoes and beer and vodka. The woman by the car was a researcher who scanned for salmon that had been caught and marked with a transmitter.
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2337.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2316.JPG

Midsummer at Sumpafallen's nature conservation area together with our daughter's family. We wildcamped in the parking lot one night, twenty-four hours is ok. Traditional midsummer lunch with pickled herring, sour cream, chopped chives, hard-boiled eggs, boiled fresh potatoes and beer and vodka. The woman by the car was a researcher who scanned for salmon that had been caught and marked with a transmitter.
View attachment 101860View attachment 101861View attachment 101862View attachment 101863
My kind of lunch.😋

View attachment 101860View attachment 101861View attachment 101862View attachment 101863
Tell her its bad manors to pick her nose in public. 😂 😂 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back