Wild camping positive thread photos needed

Got to be honest Bill.
With recent events and what’s going on over there I have been put of everything visiting the US ever again. I certainly will not be doing so till Covid has been dealt with and Trump is history, and at my age that may we’ll be never. Really sad I had so many good times in my US travels. :(
Too many Trump supporters with even more and bigger firearms for my liking,

The last 5 days. Balderslade res Just up from Hannah’s place. pic 1 lakenheath Air Force base-approach rd to spectators car park pic 2. Yorkshire dales between hawes and Leyburn Pic 3

Attachments

• 825FDD31-2274-4ADC-B6EB-F61472D8B79D.jpeg
    825FDD31-2274-4ADC-B6EB-F61472D8B79D.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 8027DE40-994C-4638-BA7D-703147B0DB5D.jpeg
    8027DE40-994C-4638-BA7D-703147B0DB5D.jpeg
    959 KB · Views: 124
  • 2D8352E5-CD72-4B3A-BB0E-5BDF5CE2009F.jpeg
    2D8352E5-CD72-4B3A-BB0E-5BDF5CE2009F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
Neil has gone out to do a forage/stock-up shop before Thursday's lockdown hits us.

I was feeling but cheesed off so I've just used up the last of some pancake mix I did last night.
Not outdoors or in the camper, but still a perfect recipe if you are in the camper. (y)

Recipe: (other types of flour and milk can be used)

125 grams organic white spelt flour
2 organic eggs
300ml Plenish oat milk - has to be Plenish for me I'm afraid, other brands are cr*p by comparison. (n)

Mmmm mmmmmmm. Fresh lemon juice and bad-for-you ordinary white sugar.
Made four nice pancakes. I've just eaten the lot. Yummy yummy stuffy tummy 😂😋🙃

Also got a crate full of Bramley's someone gave us last Friday sitting looking at me.
Just have to think what to make with them.... 🤔😋🍏

Pancakes-01 Nov 2 2020.jpg

Pancakes-02 Nov 2 2020.jpg

What is it with oat milk? heard about it for the first time last month when a girl contacted me about manufacturing vessels ( similar to a brew house) for her to make oat milk.

What is it with oat milk? heard about it for the first time last month when a girl contacted me about manufacturing vessels ( similar to a brew house) for her to make oat milk.
I was led to believe milk came from mammals not plants or have I got it wrong ?

Guess it sounds better than oat juice.

Pretty sure they have to call it oat drink or similar when for sale.

It's a vegetable alternative to dairy milk, hence why the producers use the phrase 'milk'.

Don't get me wrong, I love all dairy products, but I decided to stop using cow's milk last year for a host of very good health reasons specific to me.
I often use goat's milk instead, but it can have a strong taste whereas oat 'milk' doesn't have a strong taste and is therefore way more versatile.

I've found that oat 'milk' is the only decent 'dairy-free' vegetable offering that works well for all sorts of recipes that would normally have required proper dairy milk.

Soya 'milk' tastes disgusting to me and coconut milk is OK, but obviously sweet, so not as versatile depending what you're cooking or baking.

PS - trust me, it produces fab pancakes every bit as good, if not better, than pancake recipes using dairy milk!
I wouldn't bother myself making them otherwise ;) (y)

PPS - besides, you're just an old-fashioned bunch of stick-in-the-muds who appear to not like anything new-fangled - unless of course, it has an engine in it! Where's your sense of adventure?! :rolleyes:😜😜😂;)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back