Wild camping positive thread photos needed

If water rationing is introduced, they can go and kiss my backside if they think I am going to let months worth of hard graft in the garden go to waste. Taken up most of the lawn, built raised beds and removed large shrubs to plant vegetables. Don't mind not washing MH or car, nor watering the flower beds but the veg are our food source.
Besides, I am feeling pretty anarchic right now and not in the mood to listen to anybody.

Just do what Dominic Cummings conscience tells you to do Izzy. :)

PS until 2 weeks ago..
It had been very dry in Thailand (DROUGHT for 7 months).
We have enough water and the Thai people do not stint on usage.
The shop owner opposite rinses down the road most mornings !

I said ages ago there could be a water issue with 2 x happy birthday while handwashing. Now compounded by heatwave, the end is nigh!! 😰
I saw on the TV that a Gin distillery we’re making hand sanitizer. We have loads of cheap Spanish Gin from a trip there last year, it’s not that nice but makes an excellent hand sanitiser! The veg plot can have the water I save....

What would be used if you had a raging fire that needed to be quenched??

Foam, vapour forming gas, Dry powder or CO2. We never wasted any water, not when it can be used to make whiskey :)

When Churchill said

” no other small nation other than Greece has done more for humanity than the Scots”

Was he talking about TV .....NO
Was he talking about the telephone .....NO
Was he talking about antibiotics........ No

Was he talking about his favourite drink..........Off course he was Terry :)

Last edited:

???

Do you not know, Ral?

It's an ancient computer techie acronym for 'What You See Is What You Get' :)

"WYSIWYG is an acronym for What You See Is What You Get. WYSIWYG is a way of designing electronic documents so that content such as text and graphics is displayed on screen during editing in a way that corresponds exactly to its appearance when printed or displayed as a finished product."

In this context I meant what you see on screen is what you get in the real world, except I'm more likely to embellish things in the real world by swearing at you or making (no malice intended!) personal insults ;) :devilish:😁

Last edited:
Not sure what that means? Are you talking dirty to Bill?

I feel left out now. 😪 😪

Well what else would expect from someone dragged up in the Glasgow tenements.
We might talk dirty up here, and down in good old Durham town, but when we drive to Barnard Castle on our wives birthdays during a pandemic, we take it on the chin, we don’t take the piss Izzy.

But Marie never talks dirty.

What you see is what you get WYSIWYG

Last edited:
???

Do you not know, Ral?

It's an ancient computer techie acronym for 'What You See Is What You Get' :)

"WYSIWYG is an acronym for What You See Is What You Get. WYSIWYG is a way of designing electronic documents so that content such as text and graphics is displayed on screen during editing in a way that corresponds exactly to its appearance when printed or displayed as a finished product."

In this context I meant what you see on screen is what you get in the real world, except I'm more likely to embellish things in the real world by swearing at you or making (no malice intended!) personal insults ;) :devilish:😁

What do you mean 'ancient computer', if computers are ancient where does that leave me?

1590706686150.png

Shots from Dunbar, we wild camped in the sports centre carpark. The fourth shot of the rock was were kitty hawks nested. Normally birds go quiet at night, not kitty hawks they never stopped all night. The shot looking down on the fishing boat, look
for the seal looking for fish from the fisherman on their return.
5C3DE7E5-DC5C-4EA8-9BE7-601A8CB6969F.jpeg
8D0201AA-A8D4-4DD1-9C5A-9FA9068532E5.jpeg
A7771451-D7B5-41C3-BA2C-41E06C0EF13C.jpeg
37F05C97-3046-4F5E-B073-D8CF0F6C167D.jpeg
0E1E05D0-919B-48C5-BF05-B60C160F24F6.jpeg
4A7BA870-B1EF-48D3-861C-555C95940E17.jpeg
E107C5AA-9856-4857-953E-1246230344B0.jpeg
50597998-E311-48CC-A5C5-B904A6B8DD09.jpeg
77FC0EED-D023-4B13-93FF-18799A7E5D05.jpeg
63B615D7-AF6A-40C0-9394-CA75D0A32980.jpeg

The surroundings not as plush as work .....a pic of the restaurant, reading the menu all came back ,....my lasting memory is Phillipe the owner at the beginning of each shift shouting and clapping his hands alor service...and off we went....for the take away side we did pizza in a wood fired oven , superb, we would place an egg yolk in the middle of the pizza and when that cooked the pizza was perfect we did lots of wedding receptions too, the location was a restaurant before a campsite and health retreat...
1F608EF9-E7EA-47C2-B629-E6D4E7CFF0AC.jpeg
9E69C462-28BE-402A-99B0-9858B2522893.jpeg

The surroundings not as plush as work .....a pic of the restaurant, reading the menu all came back ,....my lasting memory is Phillipe the owner at the beginning of each shift shouting and clapping his hands alor service...and off we went....for the take away side we did pizza in a wood fired oven , superb, we would place an egg yolk in the middle of the pizza and when that cooked the pizza was perfect we did lots of wedding receptions too, the location was a restaurant before a campsite and health retreat...View attachment 82429View attachment 82430
I just love an egg on pizza, especially in a Calzone...which you never get in UK.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back