Wild camping positive thread photos needed

I’ve been really enjoying this “feel good” thread seeing some great photos with loads of variety. I’ve resolved to avoid posting as far as possible in Current Affairs as you never come away from their feeling uplifted, just the opposite in fact.
Another plus to this thread is how much I’ve enjoyed flicking through my old photos to find some to post. Before about 2003 mine are actual prints, so most of mine from America would need to be scanned to post.
Anyway, here‘s a few more boating ones, the last one is just yards from where we’d attend a WC meet a few years later.

CA7859F7-9A96-4BC3-9311-A31250DCEAF5.jpeg
E173C7FD-8FCE-42FF-AD3F-A67B4BF61072.jpeg
2FDB3B0F-9064-4EC0-9024-F701BB4524BE.jpeg
6FA52ABA-DFDF-4BEA-B61B-DE9F8DCA9FCF.jpeg
52D34E94-EEA8-469A-93A7-3EBC0126DBDF.jpeg
E60F0EB3-523F-4F29-84E7-2BC59448D1E5.jpeg
8E684CEE-F320-42D5-8135-449487623225.jpeg

Bill, if you find a hard copy print you really would like to share, use your camera, or phone camera. Quality may be reduced, but this does work. Thought I would let you know.

Thanks Terry. I’ve got my photos well arranged back to the mid 80s and a few before. Just takes a few seconds to scan each one, think it will be a fun way to pass a bit of time. It’s great having digital photos, but I do miss the enjoyment of going to collect them after printing.

I take it that the shots are about 36 th feet,some very tricky spots to do an emg landing,whats the glide as im told 11 miles at 36th ft

Thanks for the link ...

I thought the ship looked familiar. What a sad end to her life.

There's nothing left now of the wreck.

It's as well you didn't go diving, the police and locals were right.

Ship details>>>>>https://owlcation.com/humanities/americanstar

👌
My plan was to actually snorkel out to wreck, although good weather, sea state not so, which can be seen in image two.

Some locals got a tad uptight with me kitting up, then the polis arrived, I got scolded, and sent to the bad boy corner............lol.

Probably for the best, and I should thank them for still being alive to this day

Thanks for the link, the video in there is brilliant. I used to regularly see the sister ship SS United States tied up in Philadelphia. There have been many plans but unfortunately she too is rotting away,

I’ve been really enjoying this “feel good” thread seeing some great photos with loads of variety. I’ve resolved to avoid posting as far as possible in Current Affairs as you never come away from their feeling uplifted, just the opposite in fact.
Another plus to this thread is how much I’ve enjoyed flicking through my old photos to find some to post. Before about 2003 mine are actual prints, so most of mine from America would need to be scanned to post.
Anyway, here‘s a few more boating ones, the last one is just yards from where we’d attend a WC meet a few years later.
When we sold our barge we always thought we’d come back home and get a narrowboats...but somehow got deflected when we discovered motorhomes.

Helen I love the first shot, but its just a shame the mother was facing the opposite direction.
Also if possible a larger aperture would have limited depth of field blurring out the background.
Making the Duck and the Ducklings stand out.
But still a good telephoto shot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back