Wild camping near NEC Birmingham

ovalball

Free Member
Could anyone please suggest a safe,quiet spot somewhere near the NEC?I have stayed on the caravan club temporary site in previous years but I am not paying £30.00 to pitch on a car park.Thanks for any suggestions.

Wild campingnear NEC Birmingham

You could stop on Lincoln Farm truckstop

Can't help with wild camping site, but we have found a camping and caravan club site at Atherstone for £5 per night, no electric about 10 miles from NEC

We stayed at Oaklands Farm, 357 Birmingham Road, Pudbrooke, Warwick, CV35 7DZ when we visited the Motorhome Show at the NEC last year.

This is a Caravan and Camping Club CS site and is adjacent to The Great Western Canal which you can easily access via a gate and watch the boats navigate the locks from your van.

Think we paid about £10 per night with toilet and electric hookup.

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/siteseekerlite/aspx/details.aspx?id=151151

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year we stayed at Shustoke Reservoir which is on the POI's, and will be doing so again next Monday night. (Unless it's been stopped?) It's a 10 minute drive to the NEC. Had a lovely quiet night there last time, it was our first ever wild camp.

Marydot

Last year we phoned premier inn on the nec site if we could stop overnight. We were told that if we went in for breakfast we could stop for free. So it cost £14 for 2 breakfasts and a nights sleep. Far better than the £30 for the site they have there.

Angela.

52°30'57.20"N 1°40'9.87"W g shustoke just next to coleshill
stayed there last night totally peaceful no probs

52°30'57.20"N 1°40'9.87"W g shustoke just next to coleshill
stayed there last night totally peaceful no probs

As stated, that's where we should be on Monday night. Was fine last year

Marydot

We refuse to pay the stupid amount that the NEC are asking and will be wilding on our visit too.

Not wild camping, but...

If anyone is looking for somewhere cheap to stay on the way down or way back, I've just remembered that the Forestry Site near me is open until November and has a ropes course and mountain biking tracks nearby.

Forestry Commission - Cannock Forest - Tackeroo Caravan Site

If anyone does decide to use the site please let me know and I'll come up and say hello. It's only £10 a night and would put you about 45 minutes from the NEC down the M6.

We will do the same as last year & stop off for the night at a large lay bye near Clent on the Stourbridge road https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&...52.400121,-2.105588&spn=0.00307,0.006899&z=17 about 25 miles from the NEC, takes abut half hour to get there along the motorway. We usually get up early, get to the NEC before it gets busy.

Just as well the wife looked at the tickets we had won, I was convinced that it was this week & was starting to pack the van ready to go.

Try Brit Stops

Hi all
We have been trying Brit Stops out over the last week on our way up to Birmingham and it has been great.

Welcome to Brit Stops

Cheap to join and seems to work really well. We have lined one up near Birmingham for the NEC on Weds night.

Otherwise if stuck just go into a pub and say you would like a drink and can you stay in up in the corner of their carpark. We have never been refused yet.

The Toby Carvery just off the main road to Coventry from the NEC allows overnighters if you buy a meal. Right next to the A46 though.

Good idea, would be worth a small Ad in The Publican Newspaper to attract interest from landlords (although these Ads are expensive!). Would need some maintenance these days though, as the turnover of landpersons is quite high!

A while back I did email CAMRA, I suggested that for very little effort a note/symbol could be added to a pub's entry in the good beer guide. This could indicate their willingness for MH stopovers.

Not surprisingly CAMRA replied with a No, I guess their members do not need the potential income.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back