Wild Camp a Month 2019 Challenge

5 of 5

Spent a couple of days around Arnside/Silverdale/Grange, but sorry to disappoint on the photos but tbh, the layby at the Rivriere de le Grange wasn't what you'd call picturesque....

May.jpg

Nabs 5/5

Ha ha I posted in the wrong thread, here is what I should have added

Better get my post in for this month while I remember. Spoilt for choice again really as I still haven’t been home yet lol.

Going to post for last night park up in the Galloway Forrest, would be heaven if the midges weren’t here but not far off even with them

View attachment 71295
View attachment 71297
View attachment 71296

Apologies

Hi Sorry I said I would help keep this thread going and have ducked out this last month. Apart from camp quirky my van (and everything else) has taken second place to other 'life stuff'. We have been to Norway for a couple of weeks visiting son and DIL who are going to sail around the Atlantic for a year in August,we spent some time with them and helped with the long 'to do' list. Also watched a dear friend of 35 years die of cancer and said goodbye to her. So with day to day work and grandchildren I have put a lot of things on the back burner. But will try to pick up the threads and see who is still in and who -like me - has dropped off the plate. :wave:

Late May round up

Hi Thanks to all those who have posted pictures of their wild camps for May. I have not included any new comers in this list but please keep posting your pictures as we love to see what people are up to and it's great to see that there are still so many places to hide away in this country. OK as always please shout if I have missed anyone. It is getting a bit of a select group peeps come on brave the monsoons and get out there! car-humor-funny-joke-road-street-drive-driver-camper-honey-you-can-come-out.jpg

Brucews 5/5
Campervanannie 5/5
Herman 5/5
Iqofafish 5/5
Jillygumbo 5/5
Nabsim 5/5
Wheelie 5/5

Hi Sorry I said I would help keep this thread going and have ducked out this last month. Apart from camp quirky my van (and everything else) has taken second place to other 'life stuff'. We have been to Norway for a couple of weeks visiting son and DIL who are going to sail around the Atlantic for a year in August,we spent some time with them and helped with the long 'to do' list. Also watched a dear friend of 35 years die of cancer and said goodbye to her. So with day to day work and grandchildren I have put a lot of things on the back burner. But will try to pick up the threads and see who is still in and who -like me - has dropped off the plate. :wave:

Don’t stress about this thread, we can post things and/or update as well. Real life should take priority in any case. Thank you for doing it but don’t let it become a burden, it should be fun for you as well as us :)

6/6 Dolwyddelan

Managed to avoid the worst of the rain and flooding in North Wales over the last few days. We spent Tuesday night at Dolwyddelan, after Herman saying road noise hadn't been a problem for him recently. A bit soggy, and a shame the path up to the castle says "No Dogs", but all in all it was a nice break.
64609966_1058971494493621_4421300907153555456_n.jpg

overheating

Only got 20 miles down the road and the engine started overheating. Water leak somewhere! Had to turn round and come home, so another weekend we haven't got away! :sad::sad::sad:

6/6
This is a different view of a wild camp where we were parked was a den with mum dad and 3 cubs so we fed them cooked chicken and dry dog food with a big bowl of fresh water we had hours of fun watching them the night after we had a fantastic lightening storm the one all over the news last week it was amazing

03DD0563-78EF-4BE8-B2B7-E4EA88087964.jpg567ED247-995C-440A-B8A3-49B99A6A405C.jpgF269295E-349C-4BD7-A54B-113B6BF36ED7.jpg

6 done. Halfway there.

Spent the weekend up on the Pennine Way and within walking distance to the pub which was a bonus.

June.jpg

Pennine_Way_view.jpg

feet_up.jpg

Huntly 21Jun19

With a break in the wet weather and respite from some family commitments, we got a short break this weekend to explore another location spotted recently; on our way back from Dundee by bus, we saw a small picnic area at Huntly. Last Friday in the early evening, we took off in the van to check it out; deserted except for a long term parked car we had our pick of parking slots.

20190621Huntly.jpg

A short stroll into the centre of Huntly, and plenty of food sources and local pubs, we settled in and enjoyed a quiet night; the proximity of well kept public toilets and nearby supermarket was very convenient, and this wildcamp spot to gain our 6/6 mark was very likely to be used by us again.

6/6 We have just had 16 nights in France, Spain and one night in Portugal, using mainly Aires and only 3 were chargeables, so too many pictures to post so here is a few.
IMG_20190623_192821.jpgIMG_20190624_164246.jpgIMG_20190622_180114.jpgIMG_20190621_165521.jpg

6/6

Sorry I am late I thought I had already posted my June stop but seems I didn’t. We have been in the Kielder Forest at the start of the month but the pics are from one of the poi’s outside Durham. Unfortunately I didn’t get one showing the van just the walks which surrounded us. This was the last day we were with Charlie and Karen
C7FBAF26-A59D-434D-965C-61BF5DA27A49.jpg
26E1CEB2-8FAF-4ED7-BBB1-CD4C4C706E65.jpg

Since then I have been doing urban wild camping parked on the road on the outskirts of Hull. Although this isn’t as good as being out the way it’s a lot more peaceful than you may think. This little bird has become a frequent visitor but flies away when I go for the phone camera. Caz has had some things that needed sorting out so we needed to be in Hull. Didn’t think we would be here quite this long though and I am getting itchy feet.
739A32D2-5C3F-4D0C-B644-3C25437D1BD1.jpg

6/6 Had to make a special effort this month

6/6 Although I've been away every weekend in June, none of them were wildcamping, so I camped in my garden on Friday night - just to get in there!! Didn't pay for it - so it counts, don't it?

6/6 Although I've been away every weekend in June, none of them were wildcamping, so I camped in my garden on Friday night - just to get in there!! Didn't pay for it - so it counts, don't it?

What, no photo??

I would vote it ok, it's the spirit that counts...

7/7 Stonehenge for a couple of nights

248707F7-663C-4642-BE08-CE8295B5546B.jpg09029AC2-3E49-45FB-92DA-809393E23BEA.jpg

There is something strange watching the hippies doing their love and peace bit at Stonehenge while chinook helicopters fly over practicing war games in the distance 😂

Taking you back to the 60’s with the anti Vietnam protesting Annie? :)
Cheeky monkey Neil.
Can I just point out young man that in 1965 when the Vietnam protests started in America I was 10/11 by the time the British protests started March 1968 I was 13 yes I saw it on the news but I was a schoolgirl probably just discovering boys protesting about a war that was thousands of miles away was not on my list of things to do.
I did however camp out at Greenham common for 3 weeks in the early 80s when the Americans put cruise missiles on our soil used up all my holidays for that one .😉😉

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back