Wild Camp a Month 2019 Challenge

02/02 2019.

Just arrived at one of my favourite spots, Toscaig Pier near Applecross.
D9385F8E-5FDF-450F-B45E-80000A938244.jpg
Came over the pass, visibility crap & raining cats & dogs ! Huge oil rig next to the Kisshorn complex, couldnt stop to take a photo as the only car I encountered on the pass was behind me and no where to pull over.

Stopped at Loch Tulla last night, used last month so doesn’t count.BD18706D-4A39-469B-A151-3A87EF57D4CE.jpg

new Chasson c class parked up 30 yards away and out came the generator. I haven’t got a problem with generators, I have 3 myself and I couldn’t hear it due to the howling wind. I was just curious as they had no satellite or tv aerial so god knows why they needed to run the generator.

Last edited:
2/2 Mid Wales

We've had a lovely weekend away. 3 nights of wild camping to chose from, but this is the best photo. Overlooking Llyn Mwyngil in mid Wales.
52803045_2219640034942552_4899969896986705920_n.jpg

"Stopped at Loch Tulla last night, used last month so doesn’t count.Wild Camp a Month 2019 Challenge-bd18706d-4a39-469b-a151-3a87ef57d4ce.jpg"

A wild camp is a wild camp, if you stay in a place you have used in the last 12 months it will still count, the import thing is you've got out and about.

2 of 2

10 days away in Wales. Had a great time.
Mainly at son's house and couple of pub stops.
Next time we will spend more time in great wild spots

This one was a quiet layby on road to Barmouth.
Sunny picnic spot

IMG_20190214_132804382_HDR.jpg

2 of 2

Spent couple of days in N Yorks and Lancashire, pic taken N Yorks. Defo be back there.

feb.jpg

So if Pub Stops are ok, I am guess Driveway Surfing is as well?

My stopover for last two nights ... Berkshire
IMG_20190221_082444 by David, on Flickr
No hookup, but shower facilities are courtesy of sister-in-law :)

Am in East Yorkshire at very nice pub tonight. Parked around back and just had very enjoyable (optional) meal and a pint :dance:

Suffolk

Shaken the lurgy so off today and heading east for the first time in the van. Any recommendations for stops in Suffolk. Don't like lay bys much but any small carparks that you've used and would recommend. :eek:

2 of 2

Just got back from 3 nights in Northumberland, first night we stopped by the river at Hexham on the way up there.
20190220_092810.jpg

The 2nd night was at Bamburgh.
20190221_073130.jpg

And the 3rd night was at Amble marina but I forgot to take a picture.

Attachments

• 20190221_073125.jpg
    20190221_073125.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Shaken the lurgy so off today and heading east for the first time in the van. Any recommendations for stops in Suffolk. Don't like lay bys much but any small carparks that you've used and would recommend. :eek:
. Got a bit side tracked ended up in a POI near southend on sea!

First and last time in Essex!

. Got a bit side tracked ended up in a POI near southend on sea!
Stopped in a lovely car park right on the estuary called two tree island car park. At 10.30 just dozing off when someone starts banging on the side of the van and trying the back doors . They then shout open up!
OH opens the door to three police men! They interrogate us names dates of birth, where we were born , where we are from, going etc. Apparently it was a well known dogging and drug dealing car park and they didn’t like our out of area registration. In five years of wild camping we have never had anything but peace and quiet. So if we had been anywhere on the south of England or Wales we would just have moved on to somewhere we knew but had to rely on the poi s. first car park was locked second was a layby and wasn’t happy there so we ended up in Malden at midnight in a pay and display car park which is another first. Up early tomorrow to leave Essex!

Stopped in a lovely car park right on the estuary called two tree island car park. At 10.30 just dozing off when someone starts banging on the side of the van and trying the back doors . They then shout open up!
OH opens the door to three police men! They interrogate us names dates of birth, where we were born , where we are from, going etc. Apparently it was a well known dogging and drug dealing car park and they didn’t like our out of area registration. In five years of wild camping we have never had anything but peace and quiet. So if we had been anywhere on the south of England or Wales we would just have moved on to somewhere we knew but had to rely on the poi s. first car park was locked second was a layby and wasn’t happy there so we ended up in Malden at midnight in a pay and display car park which is another first. Up early tomorrow to leave Essex!

Sounds utterly terrifying.... hope you're ok and managed to get some sleep.

Sounds utterly terrifying.... hope you're ok and managed to get some sleep.

Thanks yes sitting in the sunshine in Suffolk now It might be a while before we go back to Essex. At the time I was annoyed and it only occurred to me afterwards that maybe I should have been more worried Maybe if I’d been on my own it would have been different.

That's me out, no more chances this short month.

But on the plus side I've been in the campervan for more hours than when I've been out overnight in it this month, as I've fitted all out with PVC cladding.

Here's the finished job photos.

46286799045_5af28ed4c1_b.jpg

47201243531_d9f5cfd963_b.jpg

46477761704_33195e3ab6_b.jpg

I'm really happy with the finished job.

So if Pub Stops are ok, I am guess Driveway Surfing is as well?

My stopover for last two nights ... Berkshire
IMG_20190221_082444 by David, on Flickr
No hookup, but shower facilities are courtesy of sister-in-law :)

Am in East Yorkshire at very nice pub tonight. Parked around back and just had very enjoyable (optional) meal and a pint :dance:

Great camouflage, no one would spot you there, well done!! Nothing wrong with that stopover, as long as you didn't have to pay your sister-in-law.....

That's me out, no more chances this short month.

But on the plus side I've been in the campervan for more hours than when I've been out overnight in it this month, as I've fitted all out with PVC cladding.

Here's the finished job photos.

I'm really happy with the finished job.

Looks good John, what was the main reason for fitting; stealth, cleanliness, drafts?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back