Why don’t women drive their vans?

*Only* a woman is allowed to drive my campervan - and that's me ;-) That said, I was nervous at driving a van to begin with and I would be nervous driving a lager motorhome but then I career down the most narrowest single tracks to get to ancient sites knowing my van has the same road footprint as a modern SUV and so if they can go there - I can! (with the caveat nemesis of 'the height barrier' permitting) ;)
Dont think my wagon will go where yours can. :eek:

She took out a wall on the night before Orkney. Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG-20200920-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20200920-WA0000.jpg
    271.7 KB · Views: 76
Vans to large for the missus she is not comfortable driving it and i wont force her - she is comfortable in her little peugeot - she is useless with satnav and map reading as well - tend to let her fall asleep in the front bit of relaxation for my ear then

Vans to large for the missus she is not comfortable driving it and i wont force her - she is comfortable in her little peugeot - she is useless with satnav and map reading as well - tend to let her fall asleep in the front bit of relaxation for my ear then
same here

What strikes me even more is that nearly all horse transporters are driven by women!
Hmmmmmm either Horses make better passengers or they don't like abrupt breaking?
Having said that, I drive our Van........ I am taller than my husband and can do so in comfort, he would need to sit on the edge of the seat even if it is as far in front as possible. Sprinters were obviously built for people at least 5f7 not pictsies......

Mainly because the other half is a lousy map reader. But I have no problem driving the van when I am 'allowed'! For health reasons I currently have no drivers licence but up until now I have usually insisted on taking it in turns it gets very boring in the passenger seat sometimes

What strikes me even more is that nearly all horse transporters are driven by women!
I have also noticed this but they are usually on their own! These must be intimidating things to drive. I wonder if there was a man in the van they would still be driving?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back