Why did nobody tell us?

Sharon the Cat

Parked up at Cite Europe this morning having arrived late last night. We did some shopping and then had some brunch before setting off. Phill took the dogs for a walk whilst I cleared up and I noticed people walking past and smiling or laughing at the back of the van.

Luckily Phill walked round the back when he brought the dogs back and noticed the back locker door had sprung open again, revealing the case of beer he had put in there.

If I saw that I would have knocked on the door and mentioned it. Were all these people going to cheer as we drove off and scattered a lot of important kit behind us???☹

How would anyone know it had just sprung open. You may have left it open for a reason. I am afraid it’s upto you to walk round and check all is secure before you leave.
That's a bit harsh.

We might have just checked & then it sprang open.

I would have mentioned it, but then I'm obviously more thoughtful.

I once stopped a guy because his petrol cap was still on the roof of his car, he just looked at me like I was an idiot and drove off....

I completely get why people don’t tell others things.

That's a bit harsh.

We might have just checked & then it sprang open.

I would have mentioned it, but then I'm obviously more thoughtful.

But how do you know it hadn’t been left open intentionally. You could walk round the site we are on endlessly telling people they have left the door open or the garage door open. Perhaps if they have a faulty catch they should do something about it.

Persistance.

Just because the world has its fair share of a-holes doesn't mean we should all stop being thoughtful towards others.

It's easy to say 'I won't bother doing THAT again!' after you kindly point out something like the above and the person you're telling is less that grateful, or even downright rude, but there are many other people who wouldn't react like that and would be grateful for being told. I would always stop and point out something like the above. Isn't there a saying that you should treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself?

If we all started behaving like selfish a-holes overnight just because we run into one or two d*ckheads in life and get a few knockbacks, then the world ends up going to hell in a handcart. Oh, wait a minute... isn't that's what's happening already, or at least what many people constantly complain is happening - including quite a few on this forum?!

Careful, or you'll all end up being as grumpy as Wooie... sorry, Wooie! 😂 🤣 😉

Kindness is a commodity you can't buy, and it's what constitutes being a decent human being, imho.

Seems to me there's a fair mix of both kind people and selfish a-holes on the forum - not complaining, that's exactly as it should be. In here is just a reflection of the real world, and we can't all love one another all the time...! 😉🙂🙃

Persistance.

Just because the world has its fair share of a-holes doesn't mean we should all stop being thoughtful towards others.

It's easy to say 'I won't bother doing THAT again!' after you kindly point out something like the above and the person you're telling is less that grateful, or even downright rude, but there are many other people who wouldn't react like that and would be grateful for being told. I would always stop and point out something like the above. Isn't there a saying that you should treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself?

If we all started behaving like selfish a-holes overnight just because we run into one or two d*ckheads in life and get a few knockbacks, then the world ends up going to hell in a handcart. Oh, wait a minute... isn't that's what's happening already, or at least what many people constantly complain is happening - including quite a few on this forum?!

Careful, or you'll all end up being as grumpy as Wooie... sorry, Wooie! 😂 🤣 😉

Kindness is a commodity you can't buy, and it's what constitutes being a decent human being, imho.

Seems to me there's a fair mix of both kind people and selfish a-holes on the forum - not complaining, that's exactly as it should be. In here is just a reflection of the real world, and we can't all love one another all the time...! 😉🙂🙃

Calm Down Dear

Well said Marie. For me it isn't the fact that no one bothered to tell Sharon her door was open, although it would be different if she was about to drive off, it is the fact that people thought it funny. Maybe they are blessed in that all small things in life are amusing to them or it could just be that they are brainless twerps who get a kick out of someones else's misfortune?

Now about to open all the cupboard doors in the kitchen and on wardrobes and sideboards, plus room doors. I really really want to find it rib ticklingly funny.

Nope, nairy a titter passed my lips 😭

I would have thought it had been left open deliberately to get at the booze and would have laughed at the idea of having a mobile bar in the boot.

Wouldn't have entered my head that it had sprung open of its own volition and you needed to be told. Sorry.

I Would have just pinched the beer
thief-3600349_960_720.png

When we were at Oxford a Hymer camped next to us had gone off and left his side hatch open, I didn't want to close it in case there was a reason for him leaving it but I saw him and told him he had left it open, he didn't even say thank you, he just walked off back to his van while his Wife just stood there listening to the music

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back