Why did nobody tell us?

silverweed

I left mine open the other week and lost a hose, reel and a bag of assorted fitting. Most upset. I would have been more than grateful if someone had pointed it out to me
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

martinmartin

I would of thought a case of beer prominent at the back of a GB motorhome in Calais would attract sneering from froggis in the light of Brexit maybe, in that its typically British behaviour. I maybe wrong but I doubt it. Humer is borderline, the Japanese find blindness hilarious and l can sort of relate to that.

QFour

I'd have liked to forewarned a member or 2 that the underpasses in Rouen are only intended for car height vehicles !! There are enough signs about it perhaps you would have been better suggesting they got their eyes tested.

daygoboy

Free Member
There are enough signs about it perhaps you would have been better suggesting they got their eyes tested. To be fair though many people are very nervous, trepidatious shit scared call it what you will when driving in foreign parts, noticing signs are often automatically secondary to what's happening immediately around them. When I ride my motorbike I'm so concentrated in what's around me I often miss signs, especially on dangerous crowded roads, staying alive is paramount I submit!. Rarely the case when in the car or van. Mind you if you're tall, you're more naturally predisposed to looking out for things likely to knock your block off!

Beemer

If I saw that I would have knocked on the door and mentioned it. Were all these people going to cheer as we drove off and scattered a lot of important kit behind us???☹ Of course not Sharon.. they would have video'd it and put it on a social media site :(

alcam

Wish some one had told me about these wee stowaways before we all went for a 20 mile drive, Must have been a surprise to them ! I never suspected the existence of the nest just behind my front bumper. I never You definitely need to get out more

daygoboy

Free Member
You definitely need to get out more No afraid not in the van in this country, 5 months in the winter in the big sur is quite enough. The van is for the birds in the summer! And for the foxes, rabbits, moles, pheasants.

BusyLizzy

We are so new so feel we /I can’t at anything . Because we / I are not sure if people have deliberately made the decisions . However we would rather people tell us stuff ...

martinmartin

Wish some one had told me about these wee stowaways before we all went for a 20 mile drive, Must have been a surprise to them ! I never suspected the existence of the nest just behind my front bumper. I never They look like black bird chicks

daygoboy

Free Member
Robin chicks. They were just about ready to take flight and leave home, it was the other 2 (not in pic) fluttering about that drew my attention. I had gone for an Italian tune up or such just before an MOT 3 days prior. I would have put the drive off if I'd been aware. That engine is bloody noisy only just bearable in the cab, let alone right next to it.

daygoboy

Free Member
They look like black bird chicks Robin and blackbird chicks do look similar gold/brown speckled, of course the blackbird is much larger, difficult to judge size on the pic.

Sharon the Cat

Of course not Sharon.. they would have video'd it and put it on a social media site :( I'm afraid you're probably spot on with that observation.

Sharon the Cat

News Flash As we left Veules Les Roses this morning a French car driver let us know we had left a roof vent open. 😁😁😁😁 Merci beaucoup

Reactions: Caz

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:400)

mistericeman, grahammay2, witzend, Private, andyjanet, Edina, Wully, trixie88, TeamRienza, GreggBear, V1nny, Wooie1958, hg41hs, 2cv, mark61, saxonborg, royh28, Alberto, Nesting Zombie, grandrover, jerrycan, ipc, helen262, The laird, dalspa, daygoboy, maingate, trevskoda, n brown, Derekoak, johnnymac, caledonia, Blackdog, harrow, vwalan, Justjack, alcam, jas900, Haaamster, VandA, POI Admin, Linda, Compo, hank, paulhelenwilko, factorydave04, Pauljenny, Lee, Val54, helmit, ton27, zzrman, Martin P, Farman, Shockingdog, Upfish, winks, izwozral, Rod, grath, Tonybvi, groyne, sherry, yorkshireCPLE, Mandoman, Gaduy, Boots, Goggles, PinkFlowerPetal, Fazerloz, GWAYGWAY, Floydster, QFour, timatabsa, bilbao camper, Weston, belbri, alwaysared, painter01, Bouydog, Asterix, Adam1984, Allen, pj650, derbypub, runnach, 271, kirkie, flyby, Obanboy666, mid4did, bartman, jeanette, mikejay, RobD, FULL TIMER, tobym, mickymost, RoaminRog, reiverlad, Nigel L, Cass, clarkpeacock, linkshouse, Topmast, phase3begins, antiquesam, Chip, AdriaTwin, tugboat, IJenk52, Telstar, Chipster, normanandsue, davep10000, Minisorella, Okta, Steve C, Millie Master, redhand, Noddy, Mikael, Clunegapyears, st3v3, ChrisInNotts, dunfillin, Alf, taximan, Makzine, John and Janet, keith49, iampatman, vanmandan, yorkslass, ian1950, campervanannie, mariesnowgoose, Petes, Somerled, barryd, slowgiles, mossypossy, fiona68, chairman, stockcarman, ironman, justRoamin, 5andy, iqofafish, Chris Evans001, number14, jeffmossy, Tezza33, highlandron, Wisewoman, gypsy john, Steve and Julie, Chris356, Debroos, rugbyken, Adria home, barge1914, denmar, Taurian, GinaRon, chipvan, lthoel2, AndyR, carol, ricc, tribute11, G1DOL, Nabsim, Ted, Deneb, Caz, Biggarmac, Buckby, Llanito, IanT, Victor, Martingrant, Silver sprinter, Geeky Philip, kevlakes, Mattandchristine, PawneePilot, jagmanx, jann, Roger Haworth, sim, 1807truckman, Android, peter palance, AllanB, MaxusMicky, mikal83, tilly, molly 2, colinmd, bobj808, installer, bigvern, Andysm, Herman, rustydog, Green Man, Moonraker 2, thebeeman, DorisBoris, Moped, craig9760, Nidge, outdoorellen, wints, The Jacks, Scampi30, ducato, korky, Fossil camping, AMcQ46, bluebullet47, bobbrigside, oppy, hmssnake, Poacher, Harleyboygaz3, tripper, petermotorhome, Nomad, lands43, Veloman, jacquigem, SCRUMPY BOY, big tom, raggeevets, dane, CliveW, Budgie, ScoTTyBEEE, hayhiker, slowpace, vindiboy, carmel thornton, time4t, Yelto, mofish, Debs, gc1874, antiqueman, Waid, tidewatcher, joe, Greengrass, dij260, keithhep, tailgate, christine, Tapfitter, nutts, village, WellWornTraveller, Wanderlust, ian81, bellars, David Horsfall, ajb70, toasty, Bounce, euro28, Markd, JVG, lofty, mike17, silverweed, Mastodon, Monkeybrand, martinmartin, peecee, Glass man, Bigshug, stonedaddy, wakk44, Andyonthemove, gerrevelyn, DTDOG, Dezi, Raptor107, Uncas, channa, mikewroe, Norad60, maureenandtom, Malcolm, Jandb4, Mick H, Reikiman, ITMA, Fragle, belslot, flytim, Forresbroons, Gerry Attrick, Papillon, Geraldine, NSY, redtop2, BusyLizzy, suneye, tipper trucker, guerdeval, tim m154, ozzy1955, nodrog, GrahamU, stephan, bilbo, quilkin, watchthis, Snapster, robert webber, Dowel, smg, Rapido9, billfraser, David Clarke, Full Member, starcott, Jo001, arthurc, Jaxoffive, Beemer, Buzzard, Vanterrier, MollsPhot, hanger18, britcoms, John H, richardstubbs, undertaker, argoose, slider, MOJO, paulg525, Annabella, ARDAS, Sapepch, noah and nelly, chippythewiz, robell, RV2MAX, johnmac185, rjn, Coops1964, YeDeJoKo, david0412, yeoblade, spigot, eddyt, DaniVecchia, Touringtheworld, madtheswine99, phillybarbour, Valentinat30, iandsm, Stellamarie, Dougbobbill, CavityandLacey, Mossystone, rockape, shadowdancer, francour, landoboguy, Northumborman, mrdon, Tuppence, Cliff, GeoffL, Doddy6, Homenaway, islander, kingfisher1, skippy, s4x4c, Jumper_C, Boombas, judjones, samsda, bigstu99, adriandp, CHBrinton, charlynch, REC, john77, exwindsurfer, martyndh, Malco, oldish hippy, yorkieowl, kensowerby,