Where would you go?

suneye

I had a trip planned that now looks like it is off due to travel restrictions. So in a weeks time I have a few weeks off work and nowhere to go. Where would you suggest? I don't fancy anywhere that is going to be too crowded and would prefer countryside over towns. Where have you been that you would love to go back to? Do you live somewhere amazing and could recommend it. Thanks 😎

Pitty there is water between us, cause i went back too kearny point today and saw the IOM and some nice flowers.
kerny a.jpg
kerny b.jpg
kerny h.jpg
kerny i.jpg
kearny g.jpg

The place Annie posted about the other day quite appeals to me. It's a site but very cheap (£13 a night including EHU) and looks lovely;

Noooooo... you can't tell people about that place! Seriously, though, we were there for the November 2019 Bluegrass Picking Weekend. I don't know whether they still do it, but they had regular acoustic open mic sessions on Wednesdays, the swimming pool isn't bad and they had a good selection of food and drink. The place was run by an eccentric old geezer who had some fascinating tales to tell. We had a great time, but we were there for the jam sessions rather than camping...

Noooooo... you can't tell people about that place! Seriously, though, we were there for the November 2019 Bluegrass Picking Weekend. I don't know whether they still do it, but they had regular acoustic open mic sessions on Wednesdays, the swimming pool isn't bad and they had a good selection of food and drink. The place was run by an eccentric old geezer who had some fascinating tales to tell. We had a great time, but we were there for the jam sessions rather than camping...

I do like a bit of bluegrass as well.

Me and a few mates are organising a bikers meet there.

would love to see southern Ireland one day but I can't be doing with booking ferries this year. I'm done with anything that needs booking or planning!
Come up north antrim coast end first and cross to Donegal. (y)

Pitty there is water between us, cause i went back too kearny point today and saw the IOM and some nice flowers.View attachment 100249View attachment 100250View attachment 100251View attachment 100252View attachment 100255
There are a pair of sinister eyes poking out of the sea in that second picture Trev, do you suppose they might belong to Fionn mac Cumhaill, that bugger who lopped out Loch Neagh and tried to lob it at that other giant in Scotland, fell short and formed the Isle of Man at ye?

There are a pair of sinister eyes poking out of the sea in that second picture Trev, do you suppose they might belong to Fionn mac Cumhaill, that bugger who lopped out Loch Neagh and tried to lob it at that other giant in Scotland, fell short and formed the Isle of Man at ye?
Yes but we tossed stones at it before leaving, just never know do you. :eek:

It has just had over 900 likes on WWC on facebook so I think the secret is out!
Baskerville Hall is a great place. However, their website says that, due to Covid restrictions, they are not accepting visitors from outside Wales. (clicky link) Perhaps best to phone and check whether that's still the case before setting out?

Baskerville Hall is a great place. However, their website says that, due to Covid restrictions, they are not accepting visitors from outside Wales. (clicky link) Perhaps best to phone and check whether that's still the case before setting out?
Just talk funny sure they will never know. 😂

We have stayed at baskerville hall a lot Lately, nice place, it's £8 per person plus £5 ehu, also free use of the hotel inc the swimming pool. You will need to ring ahead tho as they tend to get booked up on weekends .
Nice country walk to hay on wye approx 2 miles or half mile to Clyro were you can visit the church yard.

The Kintyre peninsula is a great route usually not too busy views to die for and loads of wildlife.. Or Dumfries and Galloway another usually Quieter corner.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back