Where would you go?

Robmac

I had looked at Northumberland, someone else had suggested it, I don't know the east coast so well so it might be nice to go somewhere completely different.

It's nice around Kielder but it can be a bit 'midgey' at this time of year.

suneye

I thought the midges liked the west coast. 'a bit midgy' means ?? You will be lucky to escape with your life 🦟🦟🦟 or you may need a fly screen on the van door?🦟

Robmac

I thought the midges liked the west coast. 'a bit midgy' means ?? You will be lucky to escape with your life 🦟🦟🦟 or you may need a fly screen on the van door?🦟

Mind you, we were at Kielder water when we got midged. Perfect conditions for them.

They have 'Midge catcher ' machines at the site, but after filling 24 dustbin bags with dead midges they were unable to dispose of them so they had to turn them off!

suneye

Mind you, we were at Kielder water when we got midged. Perfect conditions for them.

They have 'Midge catcher ' machines at the site, but after filling 24 dustbin bags with dead midges they were unable to dispose of them so they had to turn them off!
:eek::oops::eek:

Biggarmac

Try Southern Scotland. The Scottish Borders. Dumfries & Galloway. South Ayrshire. The midges at Keilder Water are hungrier than the highland variety.

groyne

Wouldn't bother with Redcar and Cleveland, we're the Covid capital at the moment.
I'm holidaying in the garden this year,and quite enjoying it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:153)

AdriaTwin, Scotia, caledonia, fiona68, Allen, Edina, DTF, TJBi, Victor, Phantom, kingfisher1, Nidge, Bigshug, Heppy, Brockley, st3v3, TeamRienza, Toffeecat, skippy 66, rabW, mark61, number14, SquirrellCook, Robmac, pamjon, Budgie, ton27, trevskoda, 2cv, JVG, saxonborg, witzend, QFour, linkshouse, GreggBear, GeoffL, Jat1, Bangor travellers, tobym, n brown, Gerti58, rugbyken, hmssnake, oppy, campervanannie, Alberto, Fazerloz, Goggles, mikejay, alcam, yorkslass, jeanette, brian c, Canalsman, coltal, gypo, Chip, vanmandan, Trotter, Obanboy666, davep10000, iampatman, Val54, Tookey, Wully, maingate, vtwinner, YSA1964, dave and mary, Sandra and Gordon, Topmast, john77, Snapster, groyne, ricc, Gerry Attrick, Calise, brigstow, barryd, RichardHelen262, jann, paulhelenwilko, Debroos, Stuart A, Jo001, 1807truckman, Silver sprinter, belbri, Peter Hislop, ian1950, RoadTrek Boy, hank, jacquigem, Matchlock, r4dent, Stu2, V1nny, Lady emma, HurricaneSmith, Tim120, RV2MAX, Harryw, Traveller, jagmanx, brugge, Buckby, 5andy, MartinFife, Richie lar, Nowego, Alec, Tapfitter, Bounce, kevlakes, Tonybvi, s4x4c, thebeeman, DorsetDrifter, Jeff G, mistericeman, kensowerby, magpus, bartman, Biggarmac, Herman, Mandoman, Boris7, yorkieowl, flav, The Jacks, pj650, nicolamarshall1982, Jock n Bren, Craster van kippers, dunfillin, Jaguar, Big Chief, JC55, korky, adriandp, Weekender, Bushwirebarb, VandA, Poacher, Norfolk NewBoy, Haaamster, Hymer mlt, Mudster, Murgzie, Keithr47, Ferris day off, HDBiker, Ladyfreespirit,