Where was the last place you visited in your van?

Last weekend ruswarp near Whitby we had a lovely walk by the side railway line into Whitby

Today just spent a couple of hours cleaning roof - that's it for another year

last weekend needing somewhere close to Manchester which was not on grass I booked a 'site' just outside the main conurbation - no names - on arriving I discovered about 20 caravans parked very close to each other with the large type gas bottles and occupied by people with a thick Irish accents (are you getting the clues?) having driven 250 miles I was not for driving any more so decided to stay the night any way.

the toilets consisted of a room maybe 12 feet square with two washhand basins and two showers the toilet was in the open with no cubical or any other screening around it (I didnt use it).

all that having been said the owner was very helpful and we had a quiet night and all the wheels were on the M/h in the morning and I had an offer for cut priced tarmac for my drive...OK I made that last bit up but the rest I swear is 100% true

The last place I REALLY explored & actually Spent a fair few Weeks in the general area of Was in fact Milton Keynes !. Its a TRULY AMAZING place, Loads of places to stop over at weekends in the town itself, & Just outside the town at weekends !. about as Big & as Busier place that my Phobia of Built up areas N crowds can manage at the moment. I done a little thread on it a Cpl of month ago that has a few pictures in it as well.
https://www.wildcamping.co.uk/forums/photo-gallery/59345-come-one-time-5.html

When I go to places, I like to try & take as much in as possible. & Have to say I think of MK as like a Simpsons Springfield, It has everything !. Very odd place.
you have to keep reminding yourself that its a Town & only 50 years old or so !.
Since then I've just been Meandering about, A Night in Tiverton, Three around Penzance, a few just north or St Austell, Until I arrived here in Bude a Cpl of weeks ago. & Been Wet, Muddy, Windblown & Happy since. Probably going to be done around here in the next 6-10days, Then heading to 'Aint got a Clue Land'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out last night in my van (AKA Daenerys) with partner and daughter not too far from where I live. Doing a bit of a refresher three person trial before big trip in a few weeks time.

Here's a pic!

Attachments

• 2vb5unp.jpg
    2vb5unp.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Flamborough Head on the Yorkshire coast, back end of last Autumn. We were there seven weeks in the end. Dont do short trips. We intend to be back in Mainland Europe this year though.

[video=youtube;RqzVw2lFC7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqzVw2lFC7o[/video]

Ssssssh don't tell them you stayed more than 2 nights you'll get slaughtered but as it was Yokshires fabulous coast it's understandable .

Nah we were on a CL. I'm pally with the owner so we stayed on long after it had closed, had it to ourselves

We did wild camp on the Isle of Arran for six weeks mid summer and I did get slated by some for that but we moved about a bit and did spend nearly £1500 locally so I don't feel bad about it

hi
i was at NEC camping show Feb 25 stayed at toby carvery car park.
then sherwood forest on way back. i was discusted at sherwood forest
there is hardley any trees left.

Last drove the van on Friday, up to Heanor to pick up our electric assisted bikes from adria home, thanks Keith. But I slept in it last night (house full of people), no pic's but lots of you have seen where I live :wave::wave::wave:

Cow Reservoir last weekend for one night after a few days in Cumbria.
Didn't take any photographs as weather was crap.

crantock yesterday,the bit of sunshine was nice.

Mumbles 3 weeks ago. Mum only lives a few miles from there. And we can't stay at hers so every time we go we park up next to the yacht club for 4-5 days. We do move the van everyday but come back about 8pm.

Oradour-Sur-Glane, Central France, no pictures, not really appropriate just very moving.
Bd..

Builth Wells Powys last night. Woken up at 2am by yobos knocking on the van. Got up and let my dog out who was not best pleased to be woken up so let's have a meet and greet gnarling dog style...look at my dog chasing yobos down street...he only wants a tiny bit of your arse...revenge is sweet, they did not expect that. Apart from that it was ok, bit wet and we had a good meal in the Greyhound inn. Wild West town though, very noise at 2am pub kicking out time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday went to ellesmere port dropping the motorhome off for warranty work only been waiting since may 2015

Rutland Water

Sunny yesterday, hissing down today and Friday

Attachments

• IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 58
Tonight I'm in Haverigg, last night Kirkby Lonsdale, Friday somewhere near Blackburn on the Moors and before that working my way through Wales. Tomorrow is Ravenglass (posh C&CC site) for two or three nights then four nights meandering back to Pompey. No pictures as I'm using my mobile data. Perhaps tomorrow when I have Wi-Fi.

We stayed on the road outside a relative's house in Brighouse a couple of weeks ago as we had an early meeting just outside Bradford the next day.

Southampton...............see picCIMG2387.JPG to have these cut in Stone by water jet cutter. SO pleased with the fit:dance:

Used Hook Hogget Pub Stop, see another post, on the way back too.......excellent, BTW!

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back