Where are you?

View attachment 56133View attachment 56134View attachment 56135View attachment 56136

We are at the Cefn Coch Inn c&cc cl mid Wales what a fab pub great food very friendly owners and staff food is great and reasonably priced the views are stunning and the 5 baby foals that played in the field next to us all day and all night with their mums watching over then was just a great added extra and yes it's chucked it down all night and still is.

AUSTRALIAN photos so Rik and Toni can view lol

Normal views after a night on the vodka.;)

Arrived home at lunchtime from the lakes.
Supplies replenished, quick clean out, washing settee throws and dog bed then all ready for my 2 week Scotland trip commencing Monday/Tuesday.

Sitting here drinking coffee and eating nice toast with marmalade,did not know about rain until i looked out window and its chucking down.:scared:im taking van for rolling rd brake test today at the garage i used to work in (freebe)so hope to get through test on fri morning,will tape £20 in bag under van for tester,i wish.
Trev, I believe you have a "government test centres" in NI.

The trouble with mot testing over here is most of the time garages are trying to invent extra repairs.

Good luck with your test on Friday !

:dance::dance::dance:

Ghent. But where is that in Bristol? We 'live' there and I don't recognise it.

Can you recommend a stop over in Ghent as we will be there next week armed with the Aires book and park 4 night
on the phone.

Last edited:
Trev, I believe you have a "government test centres" in NI.

The trouble with mot testing over here is most of the time garages are trying to invent extra repairs.

Good luck with your test on Friday !

:dance::dance::dance:

Yes but tuff im told ,have to be gov run here or the boys would be at there work in garages with back handers and passes for the mafia.
Yes always thought silly garages doing it as im sure make work for themselves,wifes cousin ran a centre in plymouth a few years back .

just because it's run by the govt doesn't make it any harder to get a bent ticket.

hi
round here there are garages who give a free re-test even if you take it
away for repairs. so no incentive to fabricate work. the government run
ones are full of self important burocratic little hitlers who will fail it on stupid
things with no free re-test.

hi
round here there are garages who give a free re-test even if you take it
away for repairs. so no incentive to fabricate work. the government run
ones are full of self important burocratic little hitlers who will fail it on stupid
things with no free re-test.

I used to use a "government mot test" centre at Hendon very near the RAF museum.

It used to take 3 chaps in white dust coats, the guy under the car used to have a microphone to speak into a public address system to give instructions to the guy in the car rocking the steering, working the brakes etc.

BUT this was 40 years ago when I was running a hot rod, also doing all the mechanical work.

BUT they were fair there was no bias, they knew their job.

I would prefer to go for a mot where they do not do repairs, in commercial garages there is pressure on the "tester" to provide repair work for the workshop.

Back on subject, I will be shopping from home today.

:bow::bow::bow:

Now in Fillongley near coventry for a funeral for a fellow motorhomer not a member on here
RIP Iain cambell

Stuck at home :cry: all outings in the ghost off until eyes are sorted. Think I should change my avatar to mister Magoo :idea-007:

I was making 30 trips to Gatwick N and S on min wage, chances are if you go on hols from there you may even meet me! :)

today I am sitting at home with test match special. weather windy and cloudy with rain forecast..

Sadly back home now after another long play out in the van on the whole a fab time with a few boring days chucked in for good measure, 32 bites including 4 horsefly bites that still hurt a week later been to some brilliant locations with stunning views and good company roll on my next adventure.

Still enjoying Dumfries and Galloway, another nice spot.

image.jpg

Se roi

Near Waterford
Very very windy but clear and dry
Kilmurrin cove to be precise
52.139958, -7.319196

Ghent aire

Can you recommend a stop over in Ghent as we will be there next week armed with the Aires book and park 4 night
on the phone.

We enjoyed Ghent. Stayed 2 nights at car park with permitted parking for motorhomes. Free. No services. 51.045569. 3.702761. About a 25 min walk to the historic centre. You can pay for a walking tour, but the TIC has super small sized guides with info about all the buildings and a suggested walking route.

Other places we stayed are:
Poperinge centre car park. 50.853377 2.723494. Free. Hop museum, execution site and Talbot House worth seeing.

Sixt abbey / Sixtusbos. 50.898120 2.709870 new Commercial aire €12 incl elec, but close to the abbey that makes the best beer in the world, probably. No tours of abbey or brewery but you can sit in a cafe and taste the 3 beers and stagger home.

Ypres. 50.835839. 2.90536. New town aire €8 incl electric. €1 for 90 litres, other servs free. 1.9km along mostly paths to centre. Obviously a lot to see and take in here.

I use the same apps as you, but also CC.com, and I have the book and the app for Camperstop (app more up to date with new aires).

Have fun. Having not been a beer drinker, rather taken with all the brun.

K

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back