What's your plans this weekend

We were planning to go to the Mull of Galloway for the weekend, forecast was to be bad today and clearing from mid morning, but now looking good today and 60 mile winds tomorrow. Never been in a van in that weather, always been summer. Currently don't know if we should now go or not. But just looking to get away before the tier changes on Monday. Any advice??

South or north?

We were planning to go to the Mull of Galloway for the weekend, forecast was to be bad today and clearing from mid morning, but now looking good today and 60 mile winds tomorrow. Never been in a van in that weather, always been summer. Currently don't know if we should now go or not. But just looking to get away before the tier changes on Monday. Any advice??

South or north?

If you do go take a look outside the C&MC site at New England Bay.
There is a great POI there, much to the annoyance of the club. :p Also Port Logan has a great carpark on the other side of the peninsula.
The carpark is about 600 yards north of the port and is a poi on here.
But being rather exposed to wind I would take notice of the weather forecast.
It can be wild down there.

Enjoy your weekend.

Just noticed you just joined and that was your first post.

Welcome to WC.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both yourself and Fiona, Gordon. Hope you enjoy the weekend. We put The Silver Machine into Perthshire Caravans 3 weeks ago and haven’t got it back yet! Eeeeeeeeek. 😱 😬 😥

just arrived at new brighton, nice and calm, waiting for the storm tomorrow
1604085058588.png

I did have plans to go to the Green Frog at Moffat this weekend for a wildcamping meet - but Covid19 came along and spoilt everybody’s plans.

The rain stopped so went with kids to Audleys castle Co Down looking over Strangford Lough from Strangford side, nice walk path all the way round it and lots to see as just next door to Castleward.
Sun was starting to set so had to get out as the ghosties may get me,wooohooo.
audleys castle a.jpg
audleys castle b.jpg
audleys castle c.jpg
audleys castle d.jpg
audleys castle e.jpg
audleys castle g.jpg

We were considering 6 weeks in New Zealand hiring a Motorhome, but thanks to Covid this won’t be happening. 😟
But heh, we are both healthy and that’s what is most important, Hopefully we will get to New Zealand in the near future.
New Zealand is good, different, similar climate, and more restricted now for wilding. It ain't going nowhere, best to stay healthy. 👍

Congratulations to both yourself and Fiona, Gordon. Hope you enjoy the weekend. We put The Silver Machine into Perthshire Caravans 3 weeks ago and haven’t got it back yet! Eeeeeeeeek. 😱 😬 😥
cheers mate hope you and family are good ,keep on top o them at Perthshire or they'll dawdl n p you aboot from what I've heard

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back