What washing machine for use in the MH?

Thanks everyone, you have convinced me that the way to go is “keep it simple” , hand wash smalls, and supermarket laundromat the larger stuff.

When using Carrefour Market in Argelès-Gazost i can even wash the motorhome including the roof 😎

20220517_202135.jpg

20220517_202150.jpg

Smalls get washed in the van, we start on day four when there is enough to make it worthwhile, then again four days later, the first lot is usually dry in the bathroom by then, we leave the window open on the small bit. bigger stuff we either carry enough or use a launderette somewhere.

Well now I'm in two minds Steve.

I may as well go and get pissed out of both of them!
Never sure, Rob, whether I really do have trouble making up my mind (or whether it is real), or whether I am indecisive or just not too sure. But I think I can rule out being a sycophant, because I'm never ill ... (y)

Steve

We have always used a Trug in the uk. Warm water stand in the trug and go for a static walk! It works. Abroad its no problem, there are loads of supermarkets etc with 3 or 4 washing machines outside. The locals seem to pitch up load the machine and go and do their shopping. we've used then, the only drawback for the locals I suppose is they can't buy ice creams/frozen food and wait for the washing to finish.

Had a leisure wise twin tub for about 7 years. It cost around £100 and has saved several times that in laundrette fees. Not to mention the inconvenience of finding launderettes or having to book onto a campsite.

It takes a king size duvet cover and dog beds, the latter I wouldn't put through a public washing machine. The spinner is very efficient.

It lives in the garage. We've had a 220v socket put in there, so I can stealth wash when Wilding. Whole van is wired so 220 works off grid from inverter. Fill from the garage shower is slow, so I often supplement with buckets of water from the kitchen tap.

I use cold water and a solution of detergent cooked up from soap nuts. Totally organic so I can discharge onto the ground. They also produce less lather so less rinsing. A little white vinegar acts as fabric conditioner.

Yes, more labour intensive than a normal machine but so worth it financially and for convenience.

We wear knickers the right way out on Day 1, turn them inside out on Day 2, and then swap with each other on Day 3 ... And if the trip involves foreign travel and is longer than 4 days, we meet lots of new friends who help with the lengthening of the wash cycle frequency ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve
Steve, that is a sure way for no one to ask and borrow your bike, those stripes on your saddle are your own design 😂

Michelle usually does a hand wash in the van sink in summer when its shorts and T shirts weather and we have a handy drier that hangs on the kitchen window. However when we spent two months on Arran last summer we just took a big bag of washing to the Laundrette in Brodick for a service wash every few weeks. Wasnt expensive. About £12 I think. Worth seeking them out really as its a lot less hassle.

I saw a fold up silicone washing machine on the Temu ad. Looks good for underwear and small items, but no idea if it's any good though.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back