What should I do, Sell it or drop off all the Goodies??????

After my heart attack and stent I eventually managed to get the ok to drive C1 but the stress test is not something I intend to do a second time. I bit the bullet and traded my Carthago in for a Malibu Van that is under 3500kg. Absolutely loving the new van. Dumped a lot of clutter and not missing any of it. Lightweight refillable gas bottle and LiFePO4 battery instead of 2 Gel mean I have enough payload to be comfortable. No regrets about downsizing.

After my heart attack and stent I eventually managed to get the ok to drive C1 but the stress test is not something I intend to do a second time. I bit the bullet and traded my Carthago in for a Malibu Van that is under 3500kg. Absolutely loving the new van. Dumped a lot of clutter and not missing any of it. Lightweight refillable gas bottle and LiFePO4 battery instead of 2 Gel mean I have enough payload to be comfortable. No regrets about downsizing.
And still have a very nice Motorhome (y)

Lets take for example a van with a GVW 3500KG and a GTW of 5500KG, can you tow a trailer weighting 2500KG, if the van weighs 3000KG at the time? :p
No, to go over 2000kg you need to have a 4x4 or a substantially bigger vehicle.

I'ts all on the the .gov website

After reading the OP twice, I'd be inclined to sell and go for a smaller van that does what you need and rationalise what you take with you to what you really need or get lighter versions.

Not sure but one think i must say is not legal to carry a m bike in a camper, out back or trailer ok.
This was mentioned before it depends on the wcc of the motorhome floor No Hard and fast Law You cant carry a mb in a motorhome

This was mentioned before it depends on the wcc of the motorhome floor No Hard and fast Law You cant carry a mb in a motorhome

The DVSA and DFT say you can though.

Is the WCC of the floor specified anywhere in the vehicle or if not how would the DVSA check it? Unless of course the motorbike is hanging half way through the floor which would be a bit of a giveaway! :giggle:

No, to go over 2000kg you need to have a 4x4 or a substantially bigger vehicle.

I'ts all on the the .gov website
If it states you can tow over 2000Kg (e.g. 2500Kg) for the vehicle info, you can tow over 2000kg as long as by doing so you don't go over the GTW. The chances are the vehicle is limited to 2000Kg or less however and THAT is the overriding limitation.

After reading the OP twice, I'd be inclined to sell and go for a smaller van that does what you need and rationalise what you take with you to what you really need or get lighter versions.

I'm inclined to agree Kev, what you sell for and what you buy for is all relative although it's never pleasant to lose money that's how the market is at the moment.

Personally I couldn't cope with sticking to half a tank of fuel at a time and only 20 litres of water Etc.

OR - persevere with the C1E although I appreciate he probably doesn't need the stress at the moment once done, he can get on with enjoying it and put it behind him.

Sorry to hear about your bypass op, I hope you’re making a good recovery.
Maybe you should concentrate on regaining your fitness so you can pass the C1 requirement test? Could your wife drive the MH?
I was back in the forest after 6 weeks and working hard there, however after a year and a half suddenly developed debilitating tiredness and had to stop ,I am in the final stages of being diagnosed with a blood cancer which requires regular transfusions. That will stop me taking a stress test by it self and is another thing to stop me working in the woodlands unless I have just had fresh supply of go juice .I am realistic about my condition and wait to see what happens.

Back