What process do you use when parking up for the night ?

chrismilo

Free Member
My first one now is check mobile phone connection in case of emergency as recently found so many with no signal
My second check clearing for Sun's access to solar panals if staying next day
Maybe things could be included in the info ?
:dog::camper:

Mobile phone signal, motorhome level, Carlsberg out of locker, job done :dance:

P.S.

Forgot to mention make sure i can get Emmerdale and Corrie on the telly otherwise the wife won`t feed me :rolleyes2:

Cup of tea. Let the husband and the dogs have a pee while kettle is on.

All providers

My first one now is check mobile phone connection in case of emergency as recently found so many with no signal
My second check clearing for Sun's access to solar panals if staying next day
Maybe things could be included in the info ?
:dog::camper:

Be aware that even if your network provider does not provide a signal in a certain area other providers may; therefore emergency calls may be connected.
To be clear: even with no signal, if you need to dial 999 then dial it.

Blimey, a few years ago before we all had mobiles checking for a signal would not have been an issue.

Can't help but think tech. is now running us rather than vice versa.

I carry a mobile for emergencies and break downs etc., and a tablet for anything else, but if I had to keep moving location to find a signal when out in the wilds I'd never get my head down for the night.I just don't get this having to be constantly connected, but I know I'm a minority in that respect.

Not knocking people for who this is a priority if it makes them feel safer,we are all different.

Korky.

Depends how late in the day we park up, not bothered about phone signal, but if stopping all evening we do like a bit of TV, but there again depends if we are in a layby or out in the sticks with great views to be bothered with that either, as we always have our books/games to hand. Not too bothered about being level, so longs as its flat enough to sleep without falling out of bed. :D

Forgot to add, like Delica we like to park for a quick getaway, again depending where we are.

Parking up for the night

Take key out of the ignition crack a beer and put your feet up,works a treat for me.

Depends how late in the day we park up, not bothered about phone signal, but if stopping all evening we do like a bit of TV, but there again depends if we are in a layby or out in the sticks with great views to be bothered with that either, as we always have our books/games to hand. Not too bothered about being level, so longs as its flat enough to sleep without falling out of bed. :D

Forgot to add, like Delica we like to park for a quick getaway, again depending where we are.

i laughed at this..... i have overnighted in some really non-flat places and if pointing downhill its ok getting into the overhead cab-bed but the middle of the night pee-breaks can be interesting to say the least !!

i laughed at this..... i have overnighted in some really non-flat places and if pointing downhill its ok getting into the overhead cab-bed but the middle of the night pee-breaks can be interesting to say the least !!

To much detail,shewee and plastic milk container.:dance:

Hand brake first priority. :scared:

Attachments

• h brake.jpg
    h brake.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 96
Only use pub stops, simples!!!!

If not load gun shoot mongs doing donuts, increase average UK IQ!!!

:mad2:

Location must be acceptable to both of us... Any doubt, we're out.
Must park facing East... So that we can air the pillows inside the windscreen.
Prefer to have the drivers side slightly higher so that our heads are higher than our feet and the light switches are more convenient.
Yes to easy escape route.
Nice discrete bushes nearby in case she beats me to the bathroom.

We're wilding on a canal side, 3 pubs within 400 metres. Dump point at nearby marina.
That'll do for me.

Drinking while parked up

Whats the law on drinking alcohol in your campervan ?
Is it enough to just take the key out of the ignition ?
What if you are asked to move on what excuse would we have to say no as we would be over the limit
Vans broke down ?

Location must be acceptable to both of us... Any doubt, we're out.
Must park facing East... So that we can air the pillows inside the windscreen.
Prefer to have the drivers side slightly higher so that our heads are higher than our feet and the light switches are more convenient.
Yes to easy escape route.
Nice discrete bushes nearby in case she beats me to the bathroom.

We're wilding on a canal side, 3 pubs within 400 metres. Dump point at nearby marina.
That'll do for me.

Facing East thought it had something to do with praying lol but not on the dashboard bit uncomfortable! :lol-061:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back