What process do you use when parking up for the night ?

Personally I have a few drinks. In the unlikely event of anyone asking me to move my van I would politely explain that I was over the limit and that I'll of course move on as soon as it is safe and legal to do so tomorrow.

Aren't some people picky? Can I phone a mate, can I watch Corrie, can I be level, will the sun set in the right place?
I haven't got any mates or a TV and as long as my tea doesn't fall off the table I'm happy. I'm wilding for god's sake.
If I'm setting up for a few days on a site I might get the levellers out, but that's about it.

I try to find a levelish spot - prefer to face slightly downhill if it's not flat, easier to take off next day and no danger of blood rushing to head as I sleep. Have carried levelling chocks round and not used them for 3 years so have just taken them out of van as they take up room that could be better utilised. Not bothered if not totally level as long as fridge works. I can't fall out of bed, just into the side of the van or the wardrobe & kitchen.

First "job" on arrival is normally to let dog out for some fresh air (wee).

i have a simple list of things to tick off before retiring...................
360 degree cctv operational ?
steel shutters closed ?
anti-gassing positive pressure fan on ?
man traps dug ?
sure they're deep enough ?
nearest SAS quick response team alerted re: my proximity to their vicinity ?
claymores set ?
facing the right way this time ?
heat and sound sensors operating on the 100metre perimeter line ?
flicked on the loop tape of 5 rottweilers snarling ?
and ------ relax -night all !

I try to find somewhere level enough so that things don't slide off the table.

There's always the two of us, so if needs be one holds the things on the table while the other does the cooking, holding onto the pans. :D

Find spot as far as possible from anyone else ....
Check for scenic view
Ensure not inadvertently parked in a supermarket car park ....
Hand brake on ...
Slide drivers seat back
Rotate passenger side swivel
Sit in it and open beer

Aren't some people picky? Can I phone a mate, can I watch Corrie, can I be level, will the sun set in the right place?
I haven't got any mates or a TV and as long as my tea doesn't fall off the table I'm happy. I'm wilding for god's sake.
If I'm setting up for a few days on a site I might get the levellers out, but that's about it.

Picky? Us?
When you're full timing for half the year and have to close the skylights and windows because it's persisting down..... The last thing you want is damp, mouldy pillows and duvets.
A bake in the sunshine, keeps them fresh.
Probably explains you shortage of mates?;)

Ooh, while I remember,
Always get out of the cab door, rather than going through to the back.
That way, we'll get a warning if my chauffeuse has forgotten to turn the running lights off. Easily done!
Fridge on gas dear.....

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back