what do you do! when you park.

smudger

so, your on your own, what do you do when you park up for the night...this is only a matter of interest,,me first thing i do is put tv on,then something to eat..then maybe have a wander about with her ladyship the dog,then , i dont know because iv,e dunnit that many times before iv,e forgotton :rolleyes:

so, your on your own, what do you do when you park up for the night...this is only a matter of interest,,me first thing i do is put tv on,then something to eat..then maybe have a wander about with her ladyship the dog,then , i dont know because iv,e dunnit that many times before iv,e forgotton :rolleyes:

open a beer , then go for a walk to take the fresh air in..:D

in answer,

Hi all, in order, open a beer, lay down and enjoy the moment, start cooking, by that time the other half as taken the dogs for a walk and is back. time. and then depending on the stop over and the time get out and see whats about, or put a DVD in.
terry

If its a dark night and no cloud cover i star gaze with a can of beer or two or three or more its amazing how many shooting stars you see when you have had a few cans.
But if the weather was not all that good i would get the gun out put the lamp on and shoot the long tails.

explore

maybe its something primative. i need to do a check of the area , turning over stones, raking in bushes , smelling the air. then i open the bottle and relax.
i also love to find a place to put a washing line.
whats a long tail Trevor and are they good to eat?

maybe its something primative. i need to do a check of the area , turning over stones, raking in bushes , smelling the air. then i open the bottle and relax.
i also love to find a place to put a washing line.
whats a long tail Trevor and are they good to eat?

A long tail is a rat irenerobbie and i suppose if you where starving you would eat them.:eek:

Sorry Trev I thought you was referring the long tail with bushy tale, tastes and look a lot like pidgeon when roasted.

Only the Grey ones obviously:D.

Don

Last edited:
Sorry Trev I thought you was referring the long tail with bushy tale, tastes and look a lot like pidgeon when roasted.

Only the Grey ones obviously:D.

Don

Hi Don,
I think its a north east term for a rat it is said to be unlucky to say the word rat maybe its an old wife's tale or something to do with the miners when they where working down the pits. :) the bushy greys are called tree rats up here.

Hi Don,
I think its a north east term for a rat it is said to be unlucky to say the word rat maybe its an old wife's tale or something to do with the miners when they where working down the pits. :) the bushy greys are called tree rats up here.

the grey squirrels r like rat's ther's thousands of them..:D:D they r nice in a pie..

for me it be kettle on,tv, on bite to eat,while counting the sea galls,and then strech me legs a bit, :rolleyes:

this is what i do

:rolleyes:This is my first posting since I introduced myself.
This thread had me ohhhhhhing then i was ahhhhhhhing and then i was uhgggging.
But it brought a smile to my face then I was chuckling.
Well done

I do my menial tasks first then I get my lovely wine glass and open the tap on my wine box (no bottles and I see it as my way of helping the environment)
I put the radio.cd player on get my current book/mag and make myself comfy unless i am hungry then i have a drink while I make some food.
:D

chill.......................

me personally would just get the music on,open a bottle of wine then apply a face mask,some hair conditioner and ENJOY....................:D

Sad as it may sound I always like to turn into the local radio station wherever we go. Just something I enjoy. Then I clear up the mess the kids have made on the journey then open a stella and put my feet up.

If we're on a site I do like to watch the caravaners setting up oh what a palarva.:rolleyes:

if i'm next to a river or a loch, the first thing i do is set my rod up and get out in water as quick as i can, then i open a beer and chill..:D:eek:

Anyone ever tried fox it the worst meat i ever tasted :eek: badger was not all that nice either.:(

God, Here we go again, The Don and Trevor, around the Country in a hundred road kill culinery delights, talk about master chef. I'm not wild camping anywhere near them 2,:confused: I might end up on a kebab if they got a bit peckish.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back