What do the various levels and numbers mean?

SimonM

Here’s a screengrab of one of my Victron graphs. I don’t have a problem to sort out, but I’d like some detail of what is actually being shown

IMG_9744.png
IMG_9743.png

According to my Hymer app all of the batteries are fully charged and any useage showing would be because of alarm and tracker. Also it was very overcast with no sunshine around.

Your 12v battery's are full and voltage looks high at 15 volts. If wet still overcharged. If lipo 14.2 volts. = max

No power is being used as 13.24 volts as your low voltage = min

Yield is power = watts returned to battery's from sun

P max is the best minutei that days input from sun.

Here’s a screengrab of one of my Victron graphs. I don’t have a problem to sort out, but I’d like some detail of what is actually being shown

View attachment 129367
On the bar graph, the WHITE is the total harvest when the controller is in BULK; Grey is harvest while the Controller is in ABSORPTION; and the Blueish bar is harvest when the Controller is in FLOAT.

Looks like your batteries end the 'solar day' at 100%.

PS If you wanted to find out how much peak you could get at a given time, you need a place to dump all the power. When the batteries are full/near full, you can never tll what the Solar MIGHT be able to do, so to check you need to ramp up the load. if you have an inverter, switch it on with a decent load to find out (a maximum daily harvest of typically under 100Wh is tiny).

View attachment 129366
The "Consump." is the consumption of the LOAD output I think. If you have a Victron MPPT 75/10, 75/15 or 100/20, it will have a LOAD circuit and if you are not using that you can turn it off and save that residual 10Wh/Day (0.7Ah/Day).

On this point ...
Your 12v battery's are full and voltage looks high at 15 volts. If wet still overcharged. If lipo 14.2 volts. = max
If charging Lead, then near 15V could be just ok if say the charger is set to 14.7V (a common default and charge requirement for some batteries) given the cold temperatures currently. if the Temperature was 10C, then the charge voltage set would actually run 0.16V higher - so 14.86V instead of 14.7V
I think you have Hymers Hybrid setup? Not au fait with the charging setup on that, but if it is charging the Lithium and then that disconnects, you would get a little spike from the charger as a load is released and hitting 15V is not unusual.
Also, just because you are seeing a highish voltage on the information you are reading on the Controller App, it does not mean that is being generated by the Controller. it is just reading it. This is a bit of my controller info ...
10050.png

Yes it is the triple battery Hymer hybrid, 2 x 90ah AGM and 1 x 150ah Lithium. And 520w Solar.

This is just for curiosity sake right now. We actually get away to start using it in anger in 4 weeks time up in Norway. There should be plenty of daylight hours coming up there.

29th of last month where there’s a big fat zero would be when it was undercover having the alarm system fitted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back