Waving

***** said:
Just come back from France and we have most definitely found that fewer motorhomers are waving!:(

***** could it be your waving technique. Have you spent so long on the trucks that subconsciously you have a mental block on waving with more than two fingers at any one time:D

Also have you been observing waving etiquette as explained by Biker Jeff. You could simply be waving at a class to low or too high and so eliciting poor response.

I've just come back from France and found that many people waved, some even shouted! and they weren't even in camper vans. If they drove on the correct side of the road in the first place...

We've waved to everything in the past, ambulances and security vans are favourites.:confused: VW's seem to be the one's that don't wave back to us. Do you think that we should have a special wave for wildcampers? Although we might need those stickers for the windows so that we know who they are!!! :D

snobbery free zone!!!

pappajohn said:
whats all this heirarchy rubbish :confused: . anyone who looks down on the not-so-well-off motorhomer has no spirit of adventure and doesnt warrant a mention here. :eek: :eek:

john.
well said pappaj.........i holehearted agree...it doesnt matter..there may come a day when we cant afford ours & i would be more than happy to have a class E or anything else (tent) that gets me out into the big beautiful world...we use them for the same reasons near enough!!
as long as i got me hair dryer i will sleep anywhere hhee hhee :D :D

whats all this heirarchy rubbish :confused: . anyone who looks down on the not-so-well-off motorhomer has no spirit of adventure and doesnt warrant a mention here. :eek: :eek:

john.[/QUOTE]

Did you really think that my Waving Etiquette post was serious. It was copied from MMM magazine, and was a blatent p!ss take of Motorhome Snobs. Dare i mention The Caravan Club, who in my opinion is only good for the CL sites.

pappajohn said:
whats all this heirarchy rubbish :confused: . anyone who looks down on the not-so-well-off motorhomer has no spirit of adventure and doesnt warrant a mention here. :eek: :eek: john.

biker jeff said:
Did you really think that my Waving Etiquette post was serious. It was copied from MMM magazine, and was a blatent p!ss take of Motorhome Snobs. Dare i mention The Caravan Club, who in my opinion is only good for the CL sites.

i knew you were taking the pistual mate...was good reading,got every1 in on the debate anyhow hhee hhee :D :D :D
caravan club i agree are good for the cl sites...although we dont use them often,but they have come in handy in the past..sammx

Last edited:
a good laugh and fun is great we all buy what we can afford me personaly i love classic cars and the like could be cos im in my 50s but its nice to keep the older vans on the road if i had the room and er indors didnt bug me ide be up to my neck in old camper vans and cars guess i can always sleep in my van if she complaind

I've printed out the rules, really funny.
Lovely post and livened things up a lot.

Something to share with other campers over a glass or two of wine next month in France
:D :D :D :D

pappajohn said:
dont be shy, give it a try. if you want the wave, give a wave. :cool: it nearly always works. we wave at anything busses, phonebox's, traffic wardens, sheep, anything. we must look like a couple of right loonies but who cares, the chances of seeing them again are pretty slim :D .

john.
Yes you're right Pappajohn, and I will wave first from now on. Only when I'm on me hols though, not when I'm driving down to Asda (no car at the moment). That may be the reason some motorhomers don't wave, they might be on the way shopping or to work and not happy about it. :confused:

P.S. my 6 year old daughter has just asked me what I am doing posting on "Wildcamping for MOTORHOMES", you don't have a motorhome Mum, she said, it's a campervan!!! :D She knows our place already, lol;);););););)

gillr49 said:
I've printed out the rules, really funny.
Lovely post and livened things up a lot.

Something to share with other campers over a glass or two of wine next month in France
:D :D :D :D

I think they have missed a Class out. The F class All "Caravans" mounted onto a commercial chassis and demountables. When I see them I say to myself "What the F is that"

Did you really think that my Waving Etiquette post was serious. It was copied from MMM magazine, and was a blatent p!ss take of Motorhome Snobs.

hi biker jeff,
had me fooled for a minute. :D :D
yeah, i knew it was a joke but.... it really does happen as i'm sure youre aware.
i've seen 'em in the motorhome equivalant of a luxury yacht, chin out ,looking down thier noses like they have a jewdrop about to drip off onto their deep pile cab carpet. maybe they cant drive onehanded so cant wave back. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

john.

Perhaps they are so worried thinking about bank charges/ interest rates on their loans or overdrafts?

I dont think I'd feel like waving!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

***** said:
Kell,

You are probably confusing this with the two fingers the French were giving you when they were shouting at you for driving on the wrong side of the road!:D :p

I wasn't on the wrong side of the road *****, but you'd be amazed at how many of them were, they soon swerved back though when they saw me heading toward them:eek: . Even the Gendarme who arrested me was doing it!:confused:

I am also new to motorhoming & get quite excited when I am waved to, so I always wave when i see one coming, trouble is I am also "white-van woman" sometimes & tend to forget which vehicle I am driving - get some funny looks that way!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back