Water water everywhere

We’ve drunk water from our motor home taps since the mid ‘80’s and we’re still healthy ( and alive) If you take just minimum care when you fill up, I don’t see why you shouldn’t feel safe, but, of course, you should always do what you feel comfortable with.
People wash their cassettes out with the tap right inside the cassette irrespective of whether it is for clean water fill-up or not - and i tend to use a wet wipe on the tap nozzle anyway - but filling and emptying come down to 1 person so the other half probably dont even realise what the taps rinse out - swmbo didn't believe me till she saw it for herself then made her own decision - nothing to do with feeling comfortable it is personal choice

I see things have moved on a bit though;

I quite like the Cube, would last a long time if for drinking water only in emergencies.

41/2 years life is a fair old claim for the life of a filter cartridge filtering dirty water. But they are £70 so should be good.

People wash their cassettes out with the tap right inside the cassette irrespective of whether it is for clean water fill-up or not -..........

.......nothing to do with feeling comfortable it is personal choice

isn’t that the same thing? :unsure:

Most campsites in the UK provide a separate cassette cleaning area. Most aires in Europe provide potable and non potable water taps. True, some people might use the potable tap to clean their cassettes with, but many service points on aires have taps that have a guard round them to stop this. ( the exception is Flot Bleu service points where I will not use the potable water supply)
I always check any taps that I am going to draw water from, if I think they may be contaminated, I don’t use them, or if there is no choice ( ie, I need water) then I will bleach the taps, then use them with my own clean adapters and hoses.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying when I said do what you feel comfortable with. It’s all personal choice, whatever you do, feeling comfortable using the water is you exercising your personal choice to use it or not. I wasn’t advocating that everyone should use the water available, though, with the caveat above, I do.
And yes, I use our waste water to flush out the cassette when not at a designated cassette emptying point.

Thats ok sir it is only £1 for every 10lts - purification plant is not cheap to run
According to the website (follow the link in original post) it is 3.5p +VAT - even at 20% VAT that is only 42ppl which would
give you about 25ltrs for a £1.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back