Water Pump running all the time

Not sure, but I believe Bailey use pressure system pump, if you can see under taps look for wire going to it, no wire then it's a pressure system.
As for no dump valve, I cannot see that Bailey would omit this, but who knows.
What heating system has the van got?
Anyone know of another Bailey owner? they might have a better idea of set up.

Looking at this 2014 manual, it would appear that there are not micro-switches in the taps but an inline pressure switch "internally located within the water system pipework" with no clue as to where!
Some of the troubleshooting on the same page appears to relate to a portable pump intended to be used for filling the onboard tank from a container, which is somewhat confusing.

What happens if a tap is opened when the pump is running? Does water come out? If not, perhaps the system has drained due to operation of dump valve.
Is it possible to check for water in the tank? If there is water in the tank, then perhaps, even after having bled the system, there is an airlock somewhere.

I have experienced issues in the past with all taps operating fine when filling up and bleeding the system, but subsequently on the odd occasion (after travelling) much sputtering and some air coming out when drawing hot water. My assumption has been that air gets trapped somewhere in the hot water system and only makes its way into the pipes when the system is agitated by the vehicle being driven. It's never caused me an issue with a serious airlock and the pump running continuously, but might be what you are experiencing.

We can turn the pump off at the master panel.

But how do you work out which tap is causing the problem? 🤔
The wires from each microswitch will have a connector somewhere near the tap.
"Unconnect" all then reconnect each and turn the main pump switch on.
We had a problem with the kitchen sink tap as it could swivel so sometimes it would switch off.
Happy hunting !

A small leak in the system can cause the pump to run continuously Sharon. Have you checked all of the pipes/joints?

Could be a case of tightening a clip somewhere or replacing a length of pipe.

Looking at this 2014 manual, it would appear that there are not micro-switches in the taps but an inline pressure switch "internally located within the water system pipework" with no clue as to where!
Some of the troubleshooting on the same page appears to relate to a portable pump intended to be used for filling the onboard tank from a container, which is somewhat confusing.

What happens if a tap is opened when the pump is running? Does water come out? If not, perhaps the system has drained due to operation of dump valve.
Is it possible to check for water in the tank? If there is water in the tank, then perhaps, even after having bled the system, there is an airlock somewhere.

I have experienced issues in the past with all taps operating fine when filling up and bleeding the system, but subsequently on the odd occasion (after travelling) much sputtering and some air coming out when drawing hot water. My assumption has been that air gets trapped somewhere in the hot water system and only makes its way into the pipes when the system is agitated by the vehicle being driven. It's never caused me an issue with a serious airlock and the pump running continuously, but might be what you are experiencing.
Yes that seems to confirm that there are no microswitches, also it mentions the 'dump valve'. Seems to say the Alde heating can be run without water, but I'd like someone to confirm it was me.
When filling our van I always 'bleed' the taps when the tank has a little water in and is still filling, it's suprising how much water it can take to get all the air out if the hot tank has been emptied.

A small leak in the system can cause the pump to run continuously Sharon. Have you checked all of the pipes/joints?

Could be a case of tightening a clip somewhere or replacing a length of pipe.
Only if its a pump pressure sys, tap switch sys wont run unless the switch is on.

Its funny that things know its winter and break down, car battery dies, heating boiler stuffs up, toilet wont flush, cat/dog has to go see the vet, then of all the things the xmas tree lights pack in. 😂

Thanks for the detailed reply. We have the useless manual that refers to the inline pressure switch and we couldn't find it, despite searching everywhere we could reasonably access last night. I agree that references to the ridiculous Whale filling system don't help.
We have a full tank, we're not losing water, the taps work, the valve is definitely closed, we bled the system and are past the sputtering stage.
However, when we returned to our van last night, apart from it only being 6 deg C inside the pump problem had ceased. We can now leave it switched on at the master panel without it running (not that we trust it enough to do so!).
So we are OK for now. 🤞

Yes that seems to confirm that there are no microswitches, also it mentions the 'dump valve'. Seems to say the Alde heating can be run without water, but I'd like someone to confirm it was me.
When filling our van I always 'bleed' the taps when the tank has a little water in and is still filling, it's suprising how much water it can take to get all the air out if the hot tank has been emptied.
Yes heating can be run without water, but it is definitely not the dump valve.
We got a gas error when we ran heating with the pump switched off. I know it's not a gas pump but didn't know if it could cause a glitch. We definitely has gas at the time but had to change bottle a couple of hours later and heating now OK.

The pump has now also decided to work only when required! Not that we're going to trust the poxy thing.

We'll get our MH guy to look at it and explain what we have where as far as water system goes.

Another thank you to everyone. We have no or very rare signal on the rally field and the WiFi in the club last was nearly as bad.
The gremlins have decided to behave themselves for now so I can stop chasing the phone signal and warm up.

Another thank you to everyone. We have no or very rare signal on the rally field and the WiFi in the club last was nearly as bad.

The gremlins have decided to behave themselves for now so I can stop chasing the phone signal and warm up.

If it happens again, please let me know straight away and I'll come and have a look.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back