Wanted

mickymoor said:
hi sam,
i've just put this lot together for when i go wilding,
honda eu10i converted to propane running as i'm a diesel van i didn't want to start carrrying petrol.
secondhand genny £280
gas conversion kit £175
and a clever brother to do the conversion for me.
total = £455
to buy one already converted costs about £800.
good luck with your quest for one.
derek
wow excellent......clever or what!!!;)

sammclouis said:
wow really.............good info & i suppose i could get a set of gas straighteners.
hows the noise out of one of these units as iv heard they can be quite noisy...thanks will check it out..samm x

This month's CC magazine has an advert for Machine Mart. They're selling a 700w generator 'Super Quiet 58db @ 7m' for £270. Mine is 57db @ 7m £48.

samm, just wild camp, behind a big hedge next to a camp site throw ur cable oor the hedge connect to the hookup , walla hairdryer and kettle free of charge , yi dont need a geni, just a big pair a' ladders to get oor the hedge.. hee hhee .. sorted

hillwalker said:
samm, just wild camp, behind a big hedge next to a camp site throw ur cable oor the hedge connect to the hookup , walla hairdryer and kettle free of charge , yi dont need a geni, just a big pair a' ladders to get oor the hedge.. hee hhee .. sorted
oi cheeky......ha ha ha ha i just like to have nice hair thats all.....otherwise i have to put me hat on AGAIN!!!:D :D :D .......i want to look nice at the weekends.......i suppose i could get dave to fan it while im styling it eh!!!!! might take 2 hours but it'll look nice :D :D :D

derek500 said:
The very same, except mine's 240v and blue!!
i never noticed the voltage...thanks...will keep an eye out..cheers for info..sammx

Scottish_Lion said:
Thats the eact same one as i got from B&Q but mines 230v and not 120v, little diffrence in colour and that but otherwise the exact same.
going to wrexham today i will take a look there too...thanks scottish lion

Scottish_Lion said:
Thats the eact same one as i got from B&Q but mines 230v and not 120v, little diffrence in colour and that but otherwise the exact same.

Our local DIY superstore here in Spain (Brico Depot, part of the Kingfisher group that owns B&Q) sells one that looks quite similar but it's rated at 88db.

What is the db rating of the B&Q model?

sammclouis said:
Generator...4 stroke..anything considered
im not big on these things but i know we want something that is quiet,puts out about 2000w(i think) and also something clean & neat that fits nicely under my bed in the motorhome...we want it mainly for charging up the battery when wilding it...also using my hairdryer...HA HA...:D......:rolleyes:

HI SAM WHATEVER YOU BUY DO NOT BUY A CLARK. WE HAD THREE IN A ROW EVERYONE BROKE DOWN. THEY WERE FROM MACHINE MART. EVENTUALLY WE TRADED THEM IN FOR A KOWASAKI, ELECTRIC START. HAVE HAD THAT ONE FOR 6 YEARS & NEVER GIVEN A MINUTES TROUBLE.

derek500 said:
Our local DIY superstore here in Spain (Brico Depot, part of the Kingfisher group that owns B&Q) sells one that looks quite similar but it's rated at 88db.

What is the db rating of the B&Q model?

Just checked the box, the B&Q model is 91db so not much diffrenece between the 2.

Scottish_Lion said:
Just checked the box, the B&Q model is 91db so not much diffrenece between the 2.
b & q sold out....never mind eh...thanks for info.sammx

sammclouis said:
b & q sold out....never mind eh...thanks for info.sammx

Perhaps at 91db it's a good thing. I've done a search on Ebay using "generator 950" as it appears that there are different brand names for similar generators. If you look in the spec, you should find the db rating.

There is quite a lot of difference in noise level between 57-58db and 88-91db.

Decibels Typical sound
0 --- Threshold of hearing
10 --- Rustle of leaves in gentle breeze
10 --- Quiet whisper
20 --- Average whisper
20-50 --- Quiet conversation
40-45 --- Hotel; theater (between performances)
50-65 --- Loud conversation
65-70 --- Traffic on busy street
65-90 --- Train
75-80 --- Factory (light/medium work)
90 --- Heavy traffic
90-100 --- Thunder
110-140 --- Jet aircraft at takeoff
130 --- Threshold of pain
140-190 --- Space rocket at takeoff

Here's one I found (57db) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MARKSMAN-PETROL-GENERATOR-950-SMALL-COMPACT-240-V-PLUG_W0QQitemZ180118579129QQihZ008QQcategoryZ46412QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

wow thanks derek500...great information...thanks for taking time to look & explain..cheers sam

Ha ha... I love the 'Threshold of pain' decibel level.
That was about volume level of my ex missus.

health and safty regs say ear protection must be worn if you are working near noise of 75 db

***** said:
Gordon, I do not think that Sam will be working except for her right arm (lifting a drink):D :cool: :eek: :p :D
oi...............................cheeky devil :D :D :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back