Wanted

Kippors are still available at our local fishmongers.
But seriously, Honda's court case has prevented the sale of some models of kippor gennys in the UK, however, many other models are still available including the campermate 1000 for around £200 new, on ebay.

Voxy.

voxol51 said:
Kippors are still available at our local fishmongers.
But seriously, Honda's court case has prevented the sale of some models of kippor gennys in the UK, however, many other models are still available including the campermate 1000 for around £200 new, on ebay.

Voxy.

I believe that they are old stock. The Court settlement allowed for a clearance of stock but there was no mention of spares. The agents put out a statement at the time but because I don't have a Kipur Genny I didn't take much notice of it. They did ask all owners of Kipur Gennies to contact them ASAP.
The spares situation is going to be, how shall I put it, interesting?

Scottish_Lion said:
I just bought myself one from B&Q for only £33 :eek: its a 2 stroke with max output at 750 watt and running power of 650 watt, may not be what your looking for but at that price i had to have it :D As for the noise side of it, its not to bad but its not the quietest of engines, but i was standing right beside it with it running and could still talk to my dad without shouting or raising my voice, its souns similar to a 2 stroke strimmer or lawnmower running at idle speed.
went to b&q today..........sold out...thanks for info though..samm x

walkers said:
not surprised at that price:eek:
i know...............good eh!! i hope they get some more in...but didnt sound like it....the guy on the desk was like "uuuurrrrr we ad sum in as a special offa they all went...durrr" and i didnt have the heart to confuse him by asking if they were gonna do the offer again !! ha ha :D

sammclouis said:
i know...............good eh!! i hope they get some more in...but didnt sound like it....the guy on the desk was like "uuuurrrrr we ad sum in as a special offa they all went...durrr" and i didnt have the heart to confuse him by asking if they were gonna do the offer again !! ha ha :D
any other b&q's near to you, you never know one of them may have one left ?

samm, the kipor geni's are the best out of that lot ,never heard of the berlan, and the craft would do u but it will be more noisey, have a look at the post of the geni i've got a honda 650 , very quiet and not that exspencive

the first two are the best as as ***** says you have to work out what you want it to run if you don't need it for a laptop or a lcd tv and for wilding i'd go for the last one £29 quid what you got to lose.
gordon.

gordon said:
the first two are the best as as ***** says you have to work out what you want it to run if you don't need it for a laptop or a lcd tv and for wilding i'd go for the last one £29 quid what you got to lose.
gordon.
gordon, i use lcd and digi box on mine, and it's fine

hillwalker said:
samm, the kipor geni's are the best out of that lot ,never heard of the berlan, and the craft would do u but it will be more noisey, have a look at the post of the geni i've got a honda 650 , very quiet and not that exspencive
not big enough for me hairdryer and straighteners hilly...good genny though...
i need one to run:-
hairdryer
straighteners
tv & satellite (rare occasions when we are on our own he he :D )
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
hairdryer is the most important with my straighteners ha ha :p

Two weeks ago I bought a Launtop 950DC (57db 2 stroke) from E-bay (here in Spain). About £48. I got it specifically for hairdryer (Aldi travel model) and straighteners. Both work fine.

sammclouis said:
hairdryer
straighteners
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
i think what you need samm is a mobile power station

sammclouis said:
hairdryer
straighteners
kettle
toaster

quite a lot eh!!!
yi dont need a hairdryer, wash ur hair then go a walk the time u get back ur will be dry& straight. hhee hee

derek500 said:
Two weeks ago I bought a Launtop 950DC (57db 2 stroke) from E-bay (here in Spain). About £48. I got it specifically for hairdryer (Aldi travel model) and straighteners. Both work fine.
wow really.............good info & i suppose i could get a set of gas straighteners.
hows the noise out of one of these units as iv heard they can be quite noisy...thanks will check it out..samm x

hi sam,
i've just put this lot together for when i go wilding,
honda eu10i converted to propane running as i'm a diesel van i didn't want to start carrrying petrol.
secondhand genny £280
gas conversion kit £175
and a clever brother to do the conversion for me.
total = £455
to buy one already converted costs about £800.
good luck with your quest for one.
derek

hillwalker said:
yi dont need a hairdryer, wash ur hair then go a walk the time u get back ur will be dry& straight. hhee hee
flat lifeless hair......me!!!:eek:
ha ha ha well i could use l'oreal...cause im worth it ha ha :D

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back