Video

i have a really ancient computer and ancient speakers and i found the volume perfectly fine and i have a slight hearing loss... so maybe someone needs to look at their home sound quality?

i listened to Phil whilst doing other things in the office... i am excellent at multi tasking - hint hint !!!

As I explained in the video, it was unedited. To make that video took 20 minutes. To do the same with powerpoints and scripts and rehearsals would take at least a day. I don't have time for that. So it is either a video like that or no video at all.

I would prefer the videos to have a higher production quality and in the future, they will do.

I do value feedback like yours.

I accept that time is a very valuable commodity, I am not sure how I found time to work before I retired,even so 20 minutes of planning may well have made the actual video 15 minutes long and much more viewable. When mentoring young engineers I always made the point planning was vital to make a good presentation

Powerpoint Arrrghhhhh.:rolleyes2:

Sorry, too many wasted hours admiring the handiwork of earnest young managers in B.T.:scared: I thought I'd beaten it until you mentioned the 'P' word:sad:

Cheers

H

It's not powerpoint that is the problem rather the content. Good content well prepared with appropriate slides will get the message over without destroying the audiences will to live, it may even inform them

Personally, I had enough of 'presentations' in my working life and much prefer the more laid back approach of this video. Wild camping is an important part of my life and I don't begrudge spending 20 minutes to watch a video concerning future developments.

the video didn't seem too long for me I was interested in the content so didn't get bored also had no problem with the sound.

SOME PEOPLE ARE THAT HARD TO PLEASE ,THINK I WOULD BLOW MY LID IF I SPENT ALL THIS TIME AND EFFORT TO PREPARE AND INFORM US ALL OF WHAT IS AND WILL BE HAPPENING
PATIENCE OF A SAINT (well maybe not a saint)😡

I have started to watch some of the vids in the past and not finished as something else has cropped up and if I do that I don’t always get back to them. That’s me though and I can be easily distracted :) I like the ways Phil does them as they seem more personal rather than a business bulletin or training session.

With 17,000 (was more but can’t remember) active members a lot are not going to like them or watch them but that would happen no matter how it was delivered. I certainly would not spend the time reading it all typed in a thread.

I did watch all of this one and when I first saw 20 minutes I did think too long but as I watched it time just flew by. For it to do that it meant it was relevant for me and ended up not too long at all. That haircut though Phil... :)

Sound was fine for me on iPad by the way so is it certain devices ?

Last edited:
Sound level was too low to be easily audible on an Android phone.

Better to increase the level, as Phil has said he will do, and if it's too loud on your device you can reduce the volume to suit.

Mobile devices tend to have much more limited audio capability than computers ...

I got the email and I watched the video.

I must say I would have just preferred a simple text email decribing the issues, but each to their own.

I do agree that the items discussed were imprtant enough to warrant the direct communication though.

So, my question is - did I miss the Poll?

Regards

Phill

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back