Vaccine

Due to cancellations and 'did not attend' got my jab yesterday, no 'dead arm' as some have experienced. Wondering if as the percentage of vaccinated people increases whether we will see a drop in compliance due to 'I'm alright Jack'

View attachment 90256

We listened to BBC Breakfast the other day. They were asking people about the vaccine. One woman said she would trust in God and one of the others said she would stick with the old remedies of Garlic and Ginger. Perhaps they should be running programmes on how effective vaccines are. If we didn't have vaccines we would be living with the following. Some of which are deadly. So roll on the vaccines I have my sleeve rolled up already.
  • Chickenpox (Varicella)
  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Whooping cough (pertussis) (DTaP)
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
  • Polio (IPV) (between 6 through 18 months)
  • Pneumococcal (PCV)
  • Hepatitis A (HepA)
  • Hepatitis B (HepB)
  • Cholera
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Plasmodium falciparum, the most deadly form of malaria
Very true. Someone said to me 'I dont want thoses chemicals in my body from the vacine' I replied ' What about all the chemicals from the tipped cigarettes you smoke going in your body?'
Hence she ended the conversation. Now i can ask her if she had the jabs for the above (my old brain cells had not thought of that!!). Bet she did.
Thanks for reminding me

Have the vaccine or not. The choice ultimately is yours. Me? ASAP.

One thing for sure, none of us will get out of this life alive.
On that cheerful note, I'm off for a walk. ๐Ÿ˜™

One thing for sure, none of us will get out of this life alive.
On that cheerful note, I'm off for a walk. ๐Ÿ˜™

Quite!

Everyone's dying of something
It's madness to think that we're not
But it's just a ride none of us will survive
So make the most of the time you have got

From a singer we like, Gaz Brookfield. He's not all doom and gloom lol.

Just a Ride - YouTube

Was funny, got funnier then became bogged down and serious! We need another rude picture to bring us back from the brink!?
Not really rude but it is funny
plumbers crack.jpeg

View attachment 90256

We listened to BBC Breakfast the other day. They were asking people about the vaccine. One woman said she would trust in God and one of the others said she would stick with the old remedies of Garlic and Ginger. Perhaps they should be running programmes on how effective vaccines are. If we didn't have vaccines we would be living with the following. Some of which are deadly. So roll on the vaccines I have my sleeve rolled up already.
  • Chickenpox (Varicella)
  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Whooping cough (pertussis) (DTaP)
  • Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib)
  • Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
  • Polio (IPV) (between 6 through 18 months)
  • Pneumococcal (PCV)
  • Hepatitis A (HepA)
  • Hepatitis B (HepB)
  • Cholera
  • Japanese encephalitis
  • Plasmodium falciparum, the most deadly form of malaria
Difference is they were all trialed and tested for a hell of a lot longer periods and pretty sure the manufacturers didn't ask or receive immunity from any legal action etc if it later became a problem. they have been developing the flu vaccines for decades and they are apparently still only around 40% effective, now suddenly they have a vaccine they claim is over 90% effective after what six months. I'll pass.

Difference is they were all trialed and tested for a hell of a lot longer periods and pretty sure the manufacturers didn't ask or receive immunity from any legal action etc if it later became a problem. they have been developing the flu vaccines for decades and they are apparently still only around 40% effective, now suddenly they have a vaccine they claim is over 90% effective after what six months. I'll pass.
I thought the same as you, a vaccine after only 6 months? but theyโ€™ve been working on Coronavirus vaccines for many years, just the new C-19 one from start of last year. The UK government has thrown, if I remember correctly, ยฃ84 million at it, and information is being shared worldwide more than ever before. I was very unsure about it, and still not madly happy with the Pfizer one, as their claims are a bit high to be believed, but I would certainly have the Oxford one asap if offered it.

Sometimes I donโ€™t know whether to chuckle or throw my arms up in disbelief.
There are vaccines available out there, should you wish to have one. No one is going to twist your arm. Vaccination isnโ€™t compulsory, yet. Perhaps we sound be thankful the government have finally got something right, although Iโ€™m pretty sure they had little impact, other than throwing money at it.
Iโ€™ve not taken any precautions, other than the ones the government suggested, and isolating in Portugal while I could. But I do have family who havenโ€™t stepped out of the door in over 10 months.
Putting myself in their place, Iโ€™d be banging on the surgery door, saying gimme, gimme now, let me spend what time I have left in the fresh air.
Having said that, I know my elder sister and especially her husband have become so used to being stuck inside, they are unlikely to venture out any time soon.

I think many will be almost agoraphobic at the end of this. We look at programmes on TV and automatically identify "before" covid or "after". Amazing how quickly our feelings have changed.

I must be made of tough stuff.

Can't wait for the day when I can venture out again without too many constraints.

Who cares if we all have to wear face masks for a while?!

Gimme gimme gimme that fresh air, sun, rain, snow and the breeze on yer face (y) ;)๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฆ๐ŸŒคโ˜€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒช

I must be made of tough stuff.

Can't wait for the day when I can venture out again without too many constraints.

Who cares if we all have to wear face masks for a while?!

Gimme gimme gimme that fresh air, sun, rain, snow and the breeze on yer face (y) ;)๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŒฆ๐ŸŒคโ˜€๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒช
Good heavens have you started to rip the wallpaper of yet, dont panic you will be released soon.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Good heavens have you started to rip the wallpaper of yet, dont panic you will be released soon.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

No! :ROFLMAO::cool:

I'm actually not too bad at all, Trev.

Think others are possibly suffering way more than me.

Cancer treatment last 22 months has been good training for being philosophical and accepting the cr*p life can throw at you.
I'm very grateful for everything we have, tbh. No grumbles here ๐Ÿคž ;) ๐ŸŒˆ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back