Vaccine Passports

We got given a card and a badge at the hospital. Nurse said we should photograph it incase we loose it. If they leave it to the doctors to sort out they are going to find a way to charge you for a letter everytime you want to travel. Also got new GHIC card. It's rather nice with the Union Jack on it.

255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png

I already have a passport so dont mind another. Someone pointed out why have the vaccine injection when even if you get it you can pass it on. Possibly true The reason to get the injection is that if you have had it and travel to say Greece, you wont get ill so wont put pressure on their health system. Of course you may also have had problems getting health insurance. Just a thought. I could be wrong but maybe thats why they are doing it.

The minute the virus escaped into the wild the whole world was on the back foot.
To my way of thinking... we are basically in the thick of a battle trying to get a handle on its spread and reducing it's impact.

Three immediate global impacts (leaving aside economics) and these have never altered from day 1:-

1. potential deaths
2. potential long term damage to health
3. overwhelming of hospital and health systems if virus not stopped or brought under control in some way

The vaccine passport is just another tool in the battle to regain some sort of control over all three of the above.

It really is a simple as that.
If we need a covid vaccine passport to travel abroad etc., so be it (y)

The minute the virus escaped into the wild the whole world was on the back foot.
To my way of thinking... we are basically in the thick of a battle trying to get a handle on its spread and reducing it's impact.

Three immediate global impacts (leaving aside economics) and these have never altered from day 1:-

1. potential deaths
2. potential long term damage to health
3. overwhelming of hospital and health systems if virus not stopped or brought under control in some way

The vaccine passport is just another tool in the battle to regain some sort of control over all three of the above.

It really is a simple as that.
If we need a covid vaccine passport to travel abroad etc., so be it (y)

Isn't that still a conspiracy theory? You gone to the dark side :p :ROFLMAO:

Will get passport if I have to, chances are it's going to happen. Won't be happy and will always use whatever tools are legal to get it dumped. Not that that matters if its a requirement to enter another country, I'll just hope it gets kicked out of other countries too. I smell a revolt.
I don't think comparing this to the vaccines and proof of that are needed currently are in any way comparable, stands up to no scrutiny whatsoever.
Need a lot more info regarding all this though.

Nothing is proved as yet of course, but it would seem logical that If a vaccinated person is better at fighting the virus than if they were unvaccinated then the multiplication within their body would not occur and therefore they would be less likely to pass it on. Maybe another reason some countries may require a vaccine passport in time.

Nothing is proved as yet of course, but it would seem logical that If a vaccinated person is better at fighting the virus than if they were unvaccinated then the multiplication within their body would not occur and therefore they would be less likely to pass it on. Maybe another reason some countries may require a vaccine passport in time.

Yes, that would seem logical, but not necessarily the case, and true we don't know yet.
What we do know, and is equally logical, is that the vaccine reduces symptoms. As coughing is one of the symptoms any reduction in coughing has to be a good thing as far as reducing transmission.

*Sorry, meant vaccine, not virus.

Last edited:
Wonder if travel insurances will have COVID clauses built in to then.

Isn't that still a conspiracy theory? You gone to the dark side :p :ROFLMAO:

Will get passport if I have to, chances are it's going to happen. Won't be happy and will always use whatever tools are legal to get it dumped. Not that that matters if its a requirement to enter another country, I'll just hope it gets kicked out of other countries too. I smell a revolt.
I don't think comparing this to the vaccines and proof of that are needed currently are in any way comparable, stands up to no scrutiny whatsoever.
Need a lot more info regarding all this though.

My bad. Poor choice of words!
What I meant was, once the virus started to spread beyond the point where containment and stopping it in its tracks might have been achieved.

As for vaccine passport, you're right about it being early days.
Govts. & scientists around the world are grappling non stop on the best way forward to stop the spread.
And you can't seriously confine people to near house arrest and be causing untold damage in other ways indefinitely.
There will be a major breaking point at some stage, so we can only hope and pray the vaccines will get us out of this catastrophic mess sooner rather than later.

Without the vaccines (potentially) reducing the spread and (hopefully) reducing the severity of illness and death, you might as well call on King Canute to stop it constantly mutating and spreading. 🤷‍♀️

My suspicion is that this is all about you not becoming a drain on the health service of the country you enter, should you get CV.

If you have the vaccination then the chances of you carrying the virus is very low and you are unlikely to pass it on. The virus is very clever and is looking for ways to beat the hosts immune system so it can spread. The corona virus does not mutate like other viruses and has a way of proof reading its own RNA to make sure it does not mutate into something that renders it harmless. Why have passports. It stops any none vaccinated person travelling and bringing back a new strain of the virus that we have no defence against. Chances are we are going to need another vaccine in the Autumn as the virus is bound to change again. It's a bit like the flu virus in some ways and as it tries to keep going and beat the immune system it is going to try new tricks.

So we now have to ask ourselves does it have a brain of some sort and what is its objective. If it infects everyone on the planet it will just die out but it's got a very long way to go and this one is going to be around for years.

The first Polio epidemic was in 1894 and in 2017 after many vaccine drives around the world there were 22 cases reported. They have had a vaccine for Polio for the last 50+ years but trying to get it to the remote parts of the world has proved very problematic.

I noticed they use your National Insurance number to record You having the Vaccine so would be easily to check your having had it

I think you mean your NHS number, not your NI number.

NI number is used for tax, benefits and pensions.
NHS number is your medical number and completely separate.

Everyone might feel we're moving closer to 'Big Brother', but let's not get there too soon! ;) ;) :cool:

Last edited:
I think it’s a bit odd that there is push back in some quarters to having a certified record of vaccination for humanoids when it is just accepted that such a system is acceptable for your mutts.

When I renewed my driving licence the digital image from my passport was used with my consent which strikes me as sensible. With the vaccine I have no problem at all with a digital marker being added to my passport.

This from someone slightly left of Marx and not generally trusting of governments. Just as long as it’s not handed to Fujitsu or any other of the current favourites.

Cheers

H

Didn't get a card here, only an explanitary leaflet. It has a place to put the date you should get your 2nd vac. Other parts of Scotland give you both appointment dates on the first letter. Lanarkshire NHS are not that organised.
16133116594768763933525774295497.jpg

Listening to "Any Answers" yesterday any suggestion of a holiday abroad, particularly by the older community attracted extreme vitriol , by BBC standards. The young have given up there freedom to protect the elderly and all they can think about is swanning off on holiday. I'm not sure who protected those who died in care homes or who is protecting the 7.1million 16 to 64 year olds who are considered vulnerable, many because they are obese and have type 2 diabetes.

The young have given up there freedom to protect the elderly and all they can think about is swanning off on holiday. I'm not sure who protected those who died in care homes or who is protecting the 7.1million 16 to 64 year olds who are considered vulnerable, many because they are obese and have type 2 diabetes.

Latest from ambulance crews in our area, very few elderly in the last week, increasing numbers of 20 and 30 year olds, who where otherwise fit, not all will be making it out alive.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back