Using the Motorhome as transport

Personally I don't think it's the fact that it may well be completely safe,it's the perception by others that counts at this point in time.

I agree asterix. Actually you could use your van instead of your car for a legitimate purpose, going out for food, prescriptions, helping an elderly person. I have to take my wife to work, but won’t use the van, it just would not look right.

Personally I don't think it's the fact that it may well be completely safe,it's the perception by others that counts at this point in time.

Yes, I think it may well be totally safe to drive say 10/15 miles to an isolated beach or first location, go for a walk and meet no-one but as you say the perception by others who don't know where one is going or why may be that motorhomes are selfish and endangering others. Fo that reason I think its a no from me.

Sorry if I have missed tis subject being addressed previously but I was wondering what members thought about this issue.
I am of course aware that we should stay at home unless necessary but also that we are permitted to go out for exercise, a walk, cycle etc while keeping a safe distance from others. I have twice seen official advice on TV that it is permitted to use a vehicle in order to go to a place of exercise. I am thinking of taking my motorhome to either a local beach or local forest, both within 20 miles to have a walk with the dog well away from anyone else.

Any one doing similar or have thoughts?

Be careful, the camping police will get you!....😈

Still pisses me off that I can't use my bus, or go out but MPs are all gathered in Parliament, & the royals have been floating between their second homes with nary a care. Indeed some folk have been defending their reasons for doing it as being justified " because they're royalty!"....😡

I used my van today to meet my daughter who had done a shop for me,we both kept our distance,bag and door handles detoled prior to transhipping,remember Lanark, i am taking no chances. I only use my van and i have moved 10 miles away from any shops at my new cottage.

I used to drive about 20 miles to Blyth Beach once a month to give the van a run in Winter. It was worth it for the lovely Fish and Chips from the car park Cafe. I have given up on that now though. You may be given a Fixed Penalty notice by the Police. My van has an oil leak (power steering I reckon) and was due to go to the garage tomorrow but I cancelled. :(

Some people are assuming we all have cars. We sold our car last year & downsized to a van conversion. For the past year we did have the use of the daughters car as she was working in Germany. She came home on Monday but she was advised by doctor as she had some symptoms, thankfully she hasn't any more. Have another daughter who is supplying all of us as well as working for NHS.

Some people are assuming we all have cars. We sold our car last year & downsized to a van conversion. For the past year we did have the use of the daughters car as she was working in Germany. She came home on Monday but she was advised by doctor as she had some symptoms, thankfully she hasn't any more. Have another daughter who is supplying all of us as well as working for NHS.

If you don't have a choice of vehicle then i see no issue if pulled by the plod, unless you're a hundred miles from home,but just to go to local shops then it would be obvious to them you aren't touring.

As much has i hate giving more power to the police at this time it is obviously necessary as these sort of questions wouldn't keep cropping up. Anyone caught taking the pis- should have their vehicle crushed. It would soon stop then.

As much has i hate giving more power to the police at this time it is obviously necessary as these sort of questions wouldn't keep cropping up. Anyone caught taking the pis- should have their vehicle crushed. It would soon stop then.
If you really want to stop them, it'd be more effective to leave the vehicle and crush the occupants. But that may not be legal.

I hope you told her what you think, and also told her the deal is off.
I wiped the goods and left them at gate,when she arrived i did tell her about staying at home to which she said im running kids to mothers house and left the money at the gate to which i wiped with spirits with gloves on,she just did not see the danger or understand.

I used my van today to meet my daughter who had done a shop for me,we both kept our distance,bag and door handles detoled prior to transhipping,remember Lanark, i am taking no chances. I only use my van and i have moved 10 miles away from any shops at my new cottage.
I hope you wiped all the bags and goods inside,folk forget this bit,lucky you with food,almost no food here or very little of the wrong kind.
The other thing is no requirement to wipe handles if she left goods 10ft away from van and you then went out to fetch once she moved 2 mtrs away,keep safe.

We normally drive a couple of miles to our main dog walk in a Council owned Country Park. During normal times we only come across the occasional dog walker. Since the lockdown, the Park and Woods are full of people out for a walk. :oops: Some of them are in groups and I don't think they are family members. The local alcoholics are still having late night drinking parties in the Park, I can tell by the number of abandoned beer cans and broken bottles scattered round the remains of a fire.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back