Using the Motorhome as transport

iandsm

Sorry if I have missed tis subject being addressed previously but I was wondering what members thought about this issue.
I am of course aware that we should stay at home unless necessary but also that we are permitted to go out for exercise, a walk, cycle etc while keeping a safe distance from others. I have twice seen official advice on TV that it is permitted to use a vehicle in order to go to a place of exercise. I am thinking of taking my motorhome to either a local beach or local forest, both within 20 miles to have a walk with the dog well away from anyone else.

Any one doing similar or have thoughts?

I would suggest that use of a motor vehicle for fun like you are suggesting is putting 2 fingers up to the authorities. Go to the closest shop and then home, shortest route.

I quite see your point and I think the public might think that but as I said there has twice been official advice from a health spokesman on the BBC that using a vehicle to go to a place for exercise is working the rules and permitted. I just wondered if anyone else had thought about using their Motorhome as the means of transport.

Government's Emergency laws have just passed through the house of Lords, I think you'll soon find out whether or not you can drive 20 miles, whatever vehicle, to walk a dog.
Thats useful we shall see but I anticipate the answer will be in the negative

I would suggest that use of a motor vehicle for fun like you are suggesting is putting 2 fingers up to the authorities. Go to the closest shop and then home, shortest route.
Cannot see how using the van rather than the car is fun,both are or can be used for shopping or going to exercise,camper van dont get cov 19 just the same as cars dont,though the virus can live on the surface for 24 hrs,car or van,what it may do is send out the wrong signal to folks.

Just sends out the wrong message. Someone sees a MH parked by the beach and the next thing you know there will be 2 of them, then 4, then 16, then 256, then 65,536. All with the attitude of " If he can do it so can we "

I think I have the answer just saw this in the paper,

"In Cornwall, officers shared news of the stops on the Facebook page Penzance Police.
They wrote: "Essential journey? Driving to exercise at another location is NOT an essential journey!"

WEll we just had a old gran wanting to come to our house to pick up some kids cloths we had on f/book,i told her i would leave at gate and wipe down and she could do same with money,ask her how she was getting here as not a es journey,she said oh im going to collect g/kids and take them to park to play i will call on the way,the old fart just did not get the danger as most here dont and think its all a joke.

WEll we just had a old gran wanting to come to our house to pick up some kids cloths we had on f/book,i told her i would leave at gate and wipe down and she could do same with money,ask her how she was getting here as not a es journey,she said oh im going to collect g/kids and take them to park to play i will call on the way,the old fart just did not get the danger as most here dont and think its all a joke.
I hope you told her what you think, and also told her the deal is off.

Some people are going to be concerned about keeping their vehicle Mobil , Flat battery fuel going of in tanks Etc .some people will drive to the shops no problem . is taking your car out for a short run and not getting out such a crime ?????

Some people are going to be concerned about keeping their vehicle Mobil , Flat battery fuel going of in tanks Etc .some people will drive to the shops no problem . is taking your car out for a short run and not getting out such a crime ?????

I think that when we see the very badly affected areas in Italy it brings it home what we are trying to avoid. Only essential journeys are being taken there and I think it best if we try to avoid the position that they are now in by taking this very seriously and avoiding any unnecessary journeys here now. No-one enjoys the restrictions but their effect could be to save much suffering and many lives. It amazes me to see a few are still treating this lightly. Every time you leave home without very good reason is an unnecessary chance for spread of the virus.

Personally I don't think it's the fact that it may well be completely safe,it's the perception by others that counts at this point in time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back