UPDATED Post new spots direct from your phone/tablet

Thanks to tonybater who has pointed out that this is also possible with a Windows phone.

There's a free app called GPSInfo (v1.6), and it's available from the Windows Phone Marketplace.

Cheers, Tony :)

Hi have just sent a Wildcamping POI through tomtom....just wondered if it worked?

Yes it has reached me, but the information is incomplete. This is what I received:

Have parked here 2 or 3 times now and never any problems . Hopefully this might be added. Many thanks

Here are the details of a location that I selected using TomTom App for iPad:

Ton Kenfig

View location:

Open in TomTom App for iPhone/iPad

Open in TomTom Route Planner

Open in Google Maps

Get the TomTom App now

Sent from my iPad

As you can see the links are missing ...

Ok.....lol...I will have to try another way....maybe only works if you have tomtom grrrrrrrr

Ahhhhh.....I just sent it to myself and the links are in blue...I clicked on the google earth one and it showed exactly where I was and the lat and long....is that any good to you? Or does it need to be another way. Sorry for being so stupid lol

The links don't make it through the ticketing system at Wild Camping for some reason ...

I will ask Phil to take a look.

Just a reminder, or advice for newer members, this thread tells you how you can submit new locations easily whilst on your travels this Summer ...

Thank you :D

Still trying

I'M still trying to get POI on my Pro-Nav after three years :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: :rolleyes2: Maybe the pilot light has gone out:nothingtoadd:

Snowbirds.

Downloaded GPS share to my android phone and attempted to send a link to poi@wildcamping.co.uk of a stopover location in Winsford Cheshire, handy for Oulton Park racing circuit,
Did it work?

Here I am

There are three Here I Am apps on the apple store. Two to pay for and one free. Which app is it you would prefer!
Pat

Your test was received by me, and acknowledged by email.

My Android phone will continue to try sending emails using Gmail until it has a connection, be it 3g or wi-fi. So it shouldn't be a problem to use this approach.

I`ve added this feature to Tog-Along+ for the new version. Testing it just now, hope you got my message ok :)

Thanks for your reply Chris. Is there a preferred format for submitting POIs?

Last edited:
I`ve added this feature to Tog-Along+ for the new version. Testing it just now, hope you got my message ok :)

Thanks for your reply Chris. Is there a preferred format for submitting POIs?

That will be useful, Mike.

The least ambiguous latitude/longitude format has to be degrees and decimal degrees ... e.g. 99.99999

I`ve made it so you can send by whatever method you choose e.g. email, text, WhatsApp etc

At the moment, the format is:

Name: This place
Details: Right here
Lat: 53.xxxxx.....
Lon: -2.xxx.....
Map: http://www.Google map link

Tog-Along+ » Manage your photos, places, people and lots more! «
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tog.along.plus

Is that enough or is there anything you`d like me to add/remove? The message is editable before its sent anyway.

That looks fine to me Mike.

Is email the default option, because that will mimic the apps out there at present?

Email is just a tap away.

You type in a name, some details then choose how to send:

Choose.png

These are the options I have, most people will at least have email.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back