Update Cullen motorhome Aire

Gone are the days when we had bus conductors, people at gate entries taking monies, a face to speak to or ask for info or help, sad in my eyes.

Gone are the days when we had bus conductors, people at gate entries taking monies, a face to speak to or ask for info or help, sad in my eyes.
So you want to pay for someone waiting at a gate to take your tenner Trev. :)
The reason for booking online and installing an NPR barrier is to cut costs, and keep prices down. It also is a far more convenient way of booking. But if you have to contact someone they give you a mobile number to call.

Last edited:
Here’s the GPS coordinates for the Aire.

N 57.694, W 2.8209
The "click for map" link on their website shows the site here 57.694165, -2.819303 . Google maps shows "Cullen motor caravan site" further down the road, opposite the pet cemetery - but as usual, Google maps appears to have got it in the wrong place!
For what3words users, I think it's vibrate.bunk.dimension

The "click for map" link on their website shows the site here 57.694165, -2.819303 . Google maps shows "Cullen motor caravan site" further down the road, opposite the pet cemetery - but as usual, Google maps appears to have got it in the wrong place!
I got it from search for sites. I note someone beat me to it and have added it to our pois.

I got it from search for sites. I note someone beat me to it and have added it to our pois.
Yes, I can see that now! Our POI is in the right place but SFS have definitely got the location a little bit out, although the info on there appears to be accurate.
Oh and we'll both get out arses kicked for mentioning that site! :)

Here’s the GPS coordinates for the Aire.

N 57.694, W 2.8209

For what it's worth, the aire operators have told me that the barrier is at:

57.694206, -2.8192967
existence.delight.mainframe

My comment re lack of coordinates was really a comment on a lack of vital information on their web page. They apparently intend to place the info on a Facebook page, which I have pointed out to them is not helpful to those who avoid antisocial media.

Google Maps relies to some extent on users to add locations to the maps and three are numerous examples of locations being duplicated, incorrectly positioned, etc. There is a reporting system available on Google Maps, but it is not particularly well designed.

57.694206, -2.8192967

My comment re lack of coordinates was really a comment on a lack of vital information on their web page. They apparently intend to place the info on a Facebook page, which I have pointed out to them is not helpful to those who avoid antisocial media.

Google Maps relies to some extent on users to add locations to the maps and three are numerous examples of locations being duplicated, incorrectly positioned, etc. There is a reporting system available on Google Maps, but it is not particularly well designed.
Those coordinates are almost identical to what was posted.
They have only just set this up, I reckon they will learn from folk like yourself, this is a new adventure for them. I would have thought that CAMpRA would have been involved, possibly they could have offered advice. Cheers.

Those coordinates are almost identical to what was posted.
They have only just set this up, I reckon they will learn from folk like yourself, this is a new adventure for them. I would have thought that CAMpRA would have been involved, possibly they could have offered advice. Cheers.
As a couple of them own motorhomes, you would have hoped that they would have some idea as to what is required.
They are already planning improvements, reducing the size of grassed areas in order to facilitate manoeuvring onto/off pitches and they acknowledge that the grey water drain area is unsuitable for motorhomes with grey outlet towards (but not at) the rear on the left-hand side; tyre tracks have been observed on the grassed area between the drain and the sea, where people have had to pull forward off the hardstanding to empty the grey. This sort of thing happens even in France, where one would expect far greater awareness of requirements, and suggests inadequate consultation of potential users.

57.694206, -2.8192967

I just clicked on "click for map" on the web page, it goes to the correct location

I just clicked on "click for map" on the web page, it goes to the correct location
Absolutely, but then you have to determine the coordinates by bringing up another map, such as Google Maps, if you want to programme it into your satnav. So much more user-friendly to provide the coordinates in the first place.

57.694206, -2.8192967

Facebook is awful! Massive bandwidth hogger and if people are struggling with mobile data connections it will be a nightmare and then you have to find it. just a simple page with the decimal co-ordinates and What three words position as you have posted is all thats needed. It will get on all the usual apps and sites though anyway.

Absolutely, but then you have to determine the coordinates by bringing up another map, such as Google Maps, if you want to programme it into your satnav. So much more user-friendly to provide the coordinates in the first place.
Ah yes, I see what you mean

So you want to pay for someone waiting at a gate to take your tenner Trev. :)
The reason for booking online and installing an NPR barrier is to cut costs, and keep prices down. It also is a far more convenient way of booking. But if you have to contact someone they give you a mobile number to call.
Nothing wrong with the old ways. 😂
carry on.jpg

Checked it out yesterday; black and grey waste disposals, and water tap on left hand side when through the barrier. Pitches all with gravel standing and alternate so that rear pitches still get a good view.
The normal parking area has now been reduced and has a height and side barrier prevents motorhomes parking there during the day, together with no overnight parking sign.

Back