Update Cullen motorhome Aire

tribute11

Screenshot_20240402-082810_Facebook~2.jpg

Saw some pics of this on FB yesterday. Looks quite good. Pity its only two nights though.

So how would a person out on the road book if not online or a smart ph user. :unsure:

Has anyone posted this in the serial whingers "NC500 the land weeps" FB group? A few of these up there might be a good idea.

Has anyone posted this in the serial whingers "NC500 the land weeps" FB group? A few of these up there might be a good idea.
Highland council are up for Aires Barry.
They are very pro active on that front.
But the good news is, there are still hundreds of great places to WC up here.
I am all in favour of this type of thing, it’s a lot better than barriers, and it takes pressure of the WC spots. Also there’s nothing stopping you driving up, parking outside and emptying your cassette. They should provide a donation box for this.

So how would a person out on the road book if not online or a smart ph user. :unsure:
With great difficulty, even if online. The web address on the sign in @tribute11's photo appears not to be operational. The different web address to which @Fisherman has provided a link does work. Nowhere on that web page can I find GPS coordinates for the facility.

Dont know if this was a good idea or not but I stuck a link on the NC500 group on FB. So far mainly positive comments which is not always the case on there.

With great difficulty, even if online. The web address on the sign in @tribute11's photo appears not to be operational. The different web address to which @Fisherman has provided a link does work. Nowhere on that web page can I find GPS coordinates for the facility.
This link works for me ://www.spanglefish.com

Yes, that was the one that @Fisherman posted, that I said was working. I was the one on the sign in the OP's photo that wasn't working this morning, but this afternoon it appears to be redirecting to the spanglefish address.

I understand that the intention is to carry out improvement works on the aire to rectify certain design shortcomings, including the fact that motorhomes with the grey outlet towards the rear on the left-hand side are having to pull forward onto the grass beyond the hardstanding in order to use the drain.

We stayed here a coupe of years ago when there were no facilities and a donation was requested. Great wee stop. It's right on the water, great views, walks along the shore right from the aire, very nice town. We saw loads of dolphins and had a wonderful Cullen Skink in Lily's Kitchen Cafe. Well worth a tenner.

Here’s the GPS coordinates for the Aire.

N 57.694, W 2.8209

Back