U.K. largest forecourt LPG supplier to end sales of LPG at forecourt’s end of 2024.

Fisherman

I already posted this on another thread, but thought a thread should be started on this issue, which may affect many with refillable gas systems.
MFG supply Morrisons, and many other other garages in the U.K.
If anyone else has any further info please update.
The thread below was released last year, but it seems like a done deal.

Found this online also.

A decrease in demand means less revenue for fuel stations and no incentive to continue investing in stocking LPG. It's expected LPG will be phased out entirely in the next couple of years as fuel station owners investing in EV charging points instead. October 2022.

Last edited:
I already posted this on another thread, but thought a thread should be started on this issue, which may affect many with refillable gas systems.
MFG supply Morrisons, and many other other garages in the U.K.
If anyone else has any further info please update.
The thread below was released last year, but it seems like a done deal.

Found this online also.

A decrease in demand means less revenue for fuel stations and no incentive to continue investing in stocking LPG. It's expected LPG will be phased out entirely in the next couple of years as fuel station owners investing in EV charging points instead. October 2022.
For anyone travelling near Edinburgh area, Install Oil have moved to new premises, although I have not visited their new premises, I can say the access road far more user friendly and kinder on your motor than the old premises were.

Not far from the A1 and Edinburgh Shitty Bypass.

Ps, I use them all the time to fill/top up my safefill tanks, they also stock safefill tanks too.

I always call ahead now in the UK having found the station on the lpg site just to make sure they still have it. It's becoming a pia in the UK now.

The writing has been on the wall for a few years , stations need space for charging points

Last edited:
Camperstop La Riberia near san Javier ,Murcia has refillable lpg tank on site. Hoping more might follow.

Really ? Must have missed that lol.

No reason uk campsites can't start stocking it ?
Something like this might do it but I bet the costs are substantial, not to mention the legislation and insurance hoops you will have to jump through. I just cant imagine a UK site doing it. Refillables are perhaps doomed both here and abroad in the not too distant future.

Roseisle MH sales and rental have a lpg setup which they use for their rentals only, that was a while ago, next time I’m passing I’ll ask if this has changed and folks like ourselves can have fill during business hours.

Marquis at Exeter have installed an lpg refill point for habitation only. Hopefully more dealers will do the same, as they will gain trade in the long run.
Presumably that will be cheaper as it won't be liable for road fuel tax

Marquis at Exeter have installed an lpg refill point for habitation only. Hopefully more dealers will do the same, as they will gain trade in the long run.
possibly this will be the way forward with dealers and possibly some campsites offering gas. Possibly even manufacturers like wildax whose vans all have refillable tanks. Possibly some type of in-house supply within the Motorhome industry may replace forecourt supplies.

Autogas 2000 just outside Thirsk still installing refillable systems and have a pump onsite; Walsall Midlands Autofuel run a 24 hour operation refilling all the LPG Taxis, Asda still have LPG, and after that, there's always France and Spain where LPG is plentiful, cheap, and often within spitting distance of some rather fine free Aires [Vilafranca del Pinedes Aire has direct line of view to the truck filling station some 00m distant ...]. What's not to like? The weather's better, perhaps slight delay with Passport Control, but nothing's perfect ... :ROFLMAO:

French Crit'Air permits access to all cities, and is accepted in Spain too, so no bother with LEZs/ULEZs etc. It just gets more and more appealing ...

Steve

I find the headline a bit misleading.

U.K. largest forecourt LPG supplier to end sales of LPG at forecourt’s end of 2024.​

MFG is the largest independent forecourt operator but most of its sites do not currently sell LPG so this perhaps is not as big an issue as it might first appear. The CMA has cleared the purchase of Morrisons by the same equity holding company that owns MFG but does that necessarily mean that MFG will manage the forecourts? Losing the existing MFG LPG forecourts does not worry me but losing Morrisons as an LPG supplier certainly would be a blow.

I think it will be few years yet before we have nowhere to refill our tanks but we may have to plan ahead a bit more. I may think again when my cylinders need replacing at 10 years but until then I will just use the apps and websites to keep topped up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back